Author Topic: My Story The transformative power of love  (Read 5028 times)

Offline beyondblessedTopic starterTopic starter

My Story Re: The transformative power of love
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
Glad you stumbled upon me, DF.  Life really couldn't be any better for me.  I should have to pinch myself daily, because of this amazing man and this new chance at love, but honestly I know I deserve this and so much more.

These is not an inkling of doubt with him and where we are headed.  2 years ago, I knew my life needed to change because my marriage left me exhausted and defeated.  I changed my mind, and in the process changed my life to the life of my dreams.  Through faith, hard work, and persistence, I attracted this beautiful, loving, giving soul into my life and we are working together....key word being together to nuture, grow, strengthen and extend the love we feel for one another.  He's my 1st thought in the morning and my last thought in the evening.  It's love the way it was always meant to be.  Not a doubt in my mind.

It's the kind of love we all deserve, and it's the kind of love I wish for all of you, especially those who continue to struggle with their self image and self worth.  You need to see that you are more than enough, and that the right man/woman will come into your life and recognize this and love you more than you ever dreamed possible.  I am living proof.

Offline No expectations

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
  • One day at a time. And time is my friend.
Re: The transformative power of love
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »
Beyond,

I am so happy for you, my friend.  You sound so amazing, so happy.  And I really appreciate that you keep coming back here.  It means a lot to me, and to others, to see that there is life beyond MLC. 

I hope your birthday was everything you deserve!  ;)
Married 11 1/2 years, together 18.  BD 9/2016, 2nd BD 10/16.  H moved out 10/16.  2 AS's from my first M.  Me 55, H 50. OW 23.  Moved back 4/18.  Reconnecting and working on our M.

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through; how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure if the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain; when you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in...that's what this storm is all about."

"The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones."

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 01:59:04 AM »
Thank you so much, No Ex, for your continued presence and constant encouragement.  My birthday was fantastic.  Mr. Amazing and I had a fabulous time.  On Sunday, he even noted that it didn't seem right for HIM to have had such a wonderful weekend on MY birthday.  lol

He is definitely one of a kind special.  And, yes, finally the love, attention, concern, thoughtfulness, and care I deserve.  How could I be anything but grateful and happy?  He's the best.

Offline Dumbfounded

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 05:18:17 AM »
Your thread always makes me smile Beyond.

I think that is the key.. truly believing that you deserve better than to just settle.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 07:50:39 PM »

On Sunday, he even noted that it didn't seem right for HIM to have had such a wonderful weekend on MY birthday.  lol

Sounds like a guy that has found just the right gal to enjoy life with.  Glad you had a great birthday weekend. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 05:21:03 AM »

On Sunday, he even noted that it didn't seem right for HIM to have had such a wonderful weekend on MY birthday.  lol

Sounds like a guy that has found just the right gal to enjoy life with.  Glad you had a great birthday weekend.

Yes, SB, we are very good together.  I am so blessed that he found me.  We certainly do enjoy and make the most of our time when we get together.   ;)  No games, no lies, no cheating.  The only kind of relationship and man that will ever be worthy of what I bring to the party.

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »
Hey, y'all, it's been a long while and life has been rolling on ever since.  When I left the board back in February, I was in a relationship that I truly cherished.  Issues surrounding his family, mainly his children and xw, brought that relationship to an end rather abruptly, but just like the runaway wasband, I knew as much as I cared for this man, there wasn't anything I was going to do but let him live his life and his choices.

We still speak on occasion, but I keep it brief, as moving on has always meant not returning to what was, but rather celebrating what is yet to come.  And, boy, have I made things happen since February!  You may recall I started the Ketogenic diet back in January...and it has paid off.  I am in bodybuilding form, jacked as the men at the gym say...and my new man, yes, another budding romance....lol

I am seriously considering looking into becoming a certified trainer and nutrition/fitness coach, as just with this, I aspire to help others build and shape their lives in the best ways possible.  My diet is on point now more consistently than ever, and for those of you who tag along on FB, I am sure you are sick of all the transformation photos, but they do keep me on track and seeing the progress, where I otherwise wouldn't.  My training is hard and heavy and to the point....just like everything else in life these days.  I get exactly out of it what I put into it.  It is passion personified, and you can see it firsthand on FB.  Shortly I will be starting my own fitness page on IG, as well.

I am still rocking the braces, but they are about to disappear in another few months and yet another part of my inside-out transformation will be checked off the list.  Next up, another piece of ink art, without a doubt fitness related.  Another FB unveiling in the making, I'm sure.

Now, to the part of midlife dating....OMG!!    There is so much to it, that man, oh man, I never could or would have imagined.  Some of these men are complete train wrecks.  Makes me seriously wtf happened to make them this way.  Surely not all of them can be so dysfunctional and personality disordered??
I say that, but damned if they don't keep showing some kind of crazy and red flags in just "normal" conversation.  I just walk immediately these days.  I've learned enough to know that once crazy shows....it just gets crazier and that's a firm NO from me straightaway.

New Guy (NG) seems....and I'm treading lightly here, seems ok so far.  Pretty laid back, devoted to his kids, but still some drama from xw, so I'm definitely laying back myself, still focusing on what I'm after and keeping my options open to every possibility. 

I still practice self care and self love every chance I get.  I mediate daily, practice and commit random acts of kindness on a regular basis, and have now started to treat myself to spa visits about every 6-8 weeks.  To say that my life was turned completely around at my awakening would be an understatement.  In my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined a life so filled with happiness, blessings and such an overwhelming abundance of gratitude.....and all without the runaway wasband....never!  But, here it is, and it just keeps getting better.  So, as always, I will end by encouraging you all to move forward from this and create a life worthy of YOU.  Do not ever waste a single minute worrying about anyone who could just walk away.  That's not what love does.  Love stays, nutures, grows, and matures.  Love never fails.  Fear fails.  Cowardice fails.  Selfishness fails.  Love stays the course until the end.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
Update time  ;D  Nearing the 3 year mark post-Awakening, and it has been 3 years of steady, unfailing growth.  Life truly has never been better, and that reality seems to sneak up on me at the damnedest times...like this morning, as I enjoyed my coffee in the peaceful, quiet solitude of MY kitchen, in MY house.  Not a hint of my pre-Awakening life exists, except for the random and most unfortunate run-ind with the outlaws.  Funny thing is, I don't even think they recognize this new, badass bodybuilder.  Either that, or they really are just self-absorbed, clueless nitwits.  Probably a little of both.

My passion for all things fitness, health and nutrition continues to grow and spur me forward.  I am working to become a CPT  (certified personal trainer) and wellness and nutrition coach, in hopes of helping others overcome the obstacles preventing them from reaching their goals and true potential.  Never in my life did I think I would ever be a coach, motivator, inspirer, and get paid for sharing my absolute love of body transformation, along with mind and spirit.

Another goal I am working towards is making my own way onto the stage in figure competing.  At the moment I am eating like a horse and lifting like a beast in an attempt to pack on beautiful muscle, which I start carving at the 1st of the year, when the diet will change again to suit that new goal. 

It boggles my mind just how much change has happened all because I stopped believing a lie, and started believing in myself again.  This life is beautiful and positive, and it's all thanks to my willingness to let go of the past and embrace a future of my own making.  I hope this gives some of you the strength and courage to do the same for yourselves.

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
You are rockin' life in a big way, BB! 

Hope you'll continue to take a few minutes periodically to update here. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Offline KeepItTogether

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
Beyond I think this new career path you have chosen suits you well. You are already a motivator to many on this site. And your bangin bod is a reflection of your hard work and perseverance.  I like that you use the word "Awakening". I still feel a bit in the fog. But maybe knowing that is where I am presently will help me move forward.

Anyway, thanks for the update. And for being so inspirational.
Me 48
H 47
S12
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.