Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding Live in the Moment!  (Read 1542 times)

Offline 31andcountingTopic starterTopic starter

My Story Rebuilding Re: Live in the Moment!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 03:22:59 PM »
No upset Anjae and I do understand what you’re saying and I agree! You have the Almighty MLCer in my book!
 My H and I don’t wear rings and our D was “set aside” by the courts in 1990 so we never officially remarried! I’ve always felt a little squimish about the legality of that and wondered if it needed to be made official again??? But we’ve never done that and at this point I love our relationship much more than our Marriage so I’m good with it as it is!  Paper is paper and it’s a paper less world these days😗😜
(Hugs)
Hurting people hurt people :(

Offline Anjae

Re: Live in the Moment!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »
You have the Almighty MLCer in my book!

Seems so. His new antics? A t-shirt saying Drama Queen in crazy bright letters! ::)  ;D Oh, he is a Drama Queen indeed. Will that man ever be cooked? Or, half-cooked?  ::)

... I love our relationship much more than our Marriage so I’m good with it as it is!

Do you think it is because you are not married or because it is a post-MLC relationship?

The difference with paper, at least here, is on rights, tax deductions, inheritances (we cannot set a spouse aside in that regard, the spouse always inherits, and children, if they exist, but the spouse will get most), etc.

Does it really make a difference to me? Now, it would. Before we were married, no. We lived together before we were married and I liked it and had no problems with it. We got married mostly for practical reasons, taxes, security in case of death, etc. Our feelings didn't change because by being married nor did we marry because of feelings alone.

Still, as with everything in MLC, who knows what the futere will bring? For now, I have a Drama Queen. I can't stop laughing at that t-shirt. ;D  End up with belly aches of so much laughing - not the first time it happened with one of Mr J's MLC cray cray.  ::) Poor man has no idea he supplies me with endless laugh.  ::)

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 03:50:31 AM »
I am glad he makes you laugh and is no longer causing tears!
I can only imagine what that t shirt looks like!

I believe I love the post MLC relationship or maybe I love me more now?? I truly know and understand myself more than I ever have! Officially the world says we’re married because the divorce decree was set aside by the courts but my brain has a hard time accepting that I guess?
It’s the same thing as my faith/religion saying because this day is a Saturday it is not considered a Holy Day this year????  How can it be a Holy Day then not??? Silly I guess but my brain doesn’t always get it!

Just me 😊
(Hugs)

Offline Albatross

• Lord, give me patience, but please hurry!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 04:30:04 AM »
I have felt and still do feel thankful for my H's crisis.  Not all the pain and hurt but for the changes I made and the changes my H made.  I wanted my M restored but mostly I wanted my H healthy again.  I truly got to the point of feeling it didn't matter if he returned he just needed to get himself better!! 

I can understand you completely because I am in same state of mind and soul as you are.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »
I am glad he makes you laugh and is no longer causing tears!
I can only imagine what that t shirt looks like!
s

All in all, Mr J crisis has provided me with more laugh than tears.

The t-shirt isn't that bad. It is cool on a disco sound and/or rock way. But, so to the point.  ::)

So far, Mr J's most crazy t-shirt was the baby pink one with bright grey neon letters five sizes too small.  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Maybe both, you love the post MLC relationship more and you love yourself more. MLC is going to bring changes, and, if MLC is well navigated both LBS and MLCer will know themselves better, be better people, and, if they reconcile, will have a better relationship.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 04:49:40 AM »
Well said!! 

If Mr. J stops wearing his "costumes" you will know there is some type of movement! As long as he's playing the part he's still in that tunnel isn't he?

(Hugs)

Offline Schratz66

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 06:02:35 AM »
Thank you 31 for sharing your wisdom with us. Happy New Year and I can only hope to be in as good as a place as you veterans regardless if H returns or not.
That is one thing I noticed that LBS are stronger, happier and in better spirits after the MLC regardless if there is reconciliation or not. Cannot wait to come out on the other side.
Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017
OW High School Sweetheart lives 4 hrs away

Offline serenity

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 07:11:06 AM »
Wishing you all good things in the coming new year dear 31

X

Offline MCSINME

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 08:06:41 AM »
31:
Thanks for your insight and for posting so often.
Always something to look forward to...
Great inspiration and so honest.
Hope 2018 is a great year for you- best yet!
MCS

Offline Anjae

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »
If Mr. J stops wearing his "costumes" you will know there is some type of movement! As long as he's playing the part he's still in that tunnel isn't he?

I think so. However, he can spend lots of time without wearing a "costume". Maybe the crazy t-shirts are when he is on a more manic/deeper tunnel phase? He has went back to djing like there is no tomorrow and the cray cray is coming out full force again.   ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.