Author Topic: MLC Monster Head, Neck, and Body Changes  (Read 1632 times)

Offline OneHotMess

• What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!!
MLC Monster Re: Head, Neck, and Body Changes
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
I have noticed the sunken eyes on my h. When looking at his pictures he looks like he has aged about 10 years in the last year.
M 40
H 41
Ow 41( his 1st cousin) moved in May 23, 2017, she went back to her husband Oct 2017
Ow moved back with her 2 kids Jan 1 2018 even with courts cutting his visitation with his kids because of it
T-19 yr M-14 yrs
S13 & D7
BD  February 12 2017 & April 22 2017 (signs of MLC since 2015)
I filed for divorce June 2 2017 for protection- still pending. Final hearing July 11 (our 20th anniversary of dating)

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8791.0
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8948.0
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9189.0

Offline Ready2Transform

Re: Head, Neck, and Body Changes
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
I came across a video of myself while in crisis and it seems like a totally different person. I look a lot more like I did pre-crisis now (aged, but my features are more normal). Twice while in crisis I had people tell me they didn't recognize me, and once afterward when I showed someone a picture of me. Age is part of it, but the physical changes during this time are real.

"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

Offline bvFTD

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:18:52 PM »
I think that after the initial, feverish attempt to replace serotonin by exercising, raging, drinking, spending, and firetruck!ng, they slow down. Then they gain weight from the carb cravings that is replacing the earlier panicky behavior.

The brain DOES change shape because it is shrinking. CSF replaces the neurons so the skull becomes squishy.

Offline xyzcf

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
The skull becomes squishy?

The skull is made of bone so not sure how you think it could change in composition.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

http://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/site-map.html
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions for Newbies
The Mentor Program
Report Technical Problems

Offline Anjae

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
I always looked pretty much the same before, during, and after my little crisis.

The skull does not change. Not unless some accident causes skull bones damage. Also, there are layers between the skull and the brain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dura_mater (dura means hard in Portuguese and Latin). Like there are layers and many parts in the brain.

As for the brain chaging shape, we have no clue. Not with MLCers. And if, for some reason, it really is shrinking, after MLC is goes back to normal, since the person becomes normal again.

Nor do we know if all, or most MLCer, get into carbs. Mr J's bloatdness is not from carbs. He eated tons of carbs prior MCL and was always slender. It is the drinking.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:11:15 PM by Anjae »
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline xyzcf

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 08:02:12 PM »
If indeed there is atrophy of the brain, then all those who are no longer in crisis would have lasting effects because in general, the brain does not "regenerate easily"..which is just not what we see.

I don't recall hearing of any MLCer whose skull became squishy..but then we are not talking about MLC here. I am not even sure what we are talking about.

My MLC has always been obese so that's nothing new in my case.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:03:23 PM by xyzcf »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

The Mentor Program

Offline bvFTD

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 08:09:43 PM »
Xyz:

Hats off to you:

Everyone knows the skull is bone. You just can't cut me a break, can you? CSF replaces the dead cells so the BRAIN becomes filled with liquid - squishy. The skull kind of collapses around the damaged, smaller brain. Have you seen pictures of Zika infants?

Many of us report the sunken eyes in our spouses because the frontal lobe is right behind them. The eyes are the window to the soul, and my husband, for one, has lost his.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
MLCers aren't infants with Zika.

The brain and the skull are not the same thing. Nor is the dura the same as the brain or the skull.

The brain may become flooded, by a number of reasons, hemorrhagic stroke being one.

The MLCer eyes are dead/skunken because of depression. Depression does that to the eyes. So does drinking. Velika had Ben Afflec as an example. His skull is fine. So is the skull of our MLCers.

Your husband is not having a MLC, bvFTD. You cannot compare him to people who are having a MLC. Just like you cannot compare infants with Zika to MLCers.

Are you going to keep raising hell and come out with insults and with off topic stuff and bring non MLC things up? And use your husband that is not having MLC as an example of a MLCer? Hope not.

As for CSF: "Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is a biologic fluid, formed mainly in the ventricular choroid plexus, distributed within the ventricular system, basal cisterns, and subarachnoid space. Analysis of the CSF provides invaluable diagnostic information because diseases take place either within its bounding membranes (e.g., meningitis) or in the adjoining parameningeal structures of the brain (e.g., brain abscess)."

"Examination of the CSF is useful in patients suspected of having meningitis, encephalitis, neurosyphilis, subarachnoid hemorrhage, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, meningeal carcinomatosis, and many other processes that may involve the CNS." from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK398/

Our MLCers are not suspected of having " meningitis, encephalitis, neurosyphilis, subarachnoid hemorrhage, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, meningeal carcinomatosis..."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:22:47 PM by Anjae »
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline bvFTD

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 08:30:19 PM »
All right guys:

I was responding to the person who started this fascinating thread about physical changes, head and neck widening and sunken eyes.

Please ignore my theories or scroll down when you see you my name so I don't offend your sensibilities.

Thank you.

Offline xyzcf

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 08:44:06 PM »
I do not like misinformation.

I don't like confusing LBSers. I would rather that the focus be on what is real..that is  midlife crisis.

I don't know where you are getting this information from bvFTD:

The skull kind of collapses around the damaged, smaller brain. Have you seen pictures of Zika infants?

Yes, in infants the skull is still not completely formed. There are two fontanelles, the posterior closes at 1-2 months and the anterior from 9 to 18 months. Certainly we see increased brain size in children with hydrocephaly and decreased brain size in children who have microcephaly. I have encountered both in my nursing career. It is very sad for these children and very debilitating.

If information is posted on HS that seems misinformed, I will comment on it.

I would really like to see people focusing on MLC..not clutching at straws to put some obscure diagnosis on what has happened to our loved ones.

The Mentor Program

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.