Author Topic: Meet-Up Meet up near Toronto?  (Read 7125 times)

Offline SavingMySanity

Meet-Up Re: Meet up near Toronto?
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2018, 08:23:28 AM »
I am going to fling myself out of my comfort zone, so count me in as well!
Me: 43
One who abandoned : 43
Married: 19, Together: 20
D22, D19, D18

BD: May 6, 2017

Offline No expectations

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
  • One day at a time. And time is my friend.
Re: Meet up near Toronto?
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2018, 06:23:10 PM »
I just talked with Never.  I've already put in for that week off from work, I have to wait to see if I get it.  I think I should be able to. 

If so, I plan to fly up to Chicago on Tuesday the 26th, and ride with her to Toronto.  It looks like an 8 hour drive, which is very do-able!  Please keep me posted!! :)
Married 11 1/2 years, together 18.  BD 9/2016, 2nd BD 10/16.  H moved out 10/16.  2 AS's from my first M.  Me 55, H 50. OW 23.  Moved back 4/18.  Reconnecting and working on our M.

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through; how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure if the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain; when you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in...that's what this storm is all about."

"The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones."

Offline AcornTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2018, 06:43:19 PM »
O my goodness!  This meet is really going to happen.  I can hardly believe it!
Thank you so much everyone for your interest and enthusiam for the meet.

xyzcf, you gave us a golden nugget of information.  We would love to hear from others that were lucky enough to have gone to a meet.  All hints and advices will be much appreciated.

NoEx, so good to hear of your contact with Never.  I’m crossing my fingers and toes that you can both make it to Toronto to meet us Canuks and many others.  I’d better go and practice my real hugs!

I’m SO excited!!!!!!!!!
Live-in MLCer
Feb 2015: BD.  H has a Nuclear meltdown. 
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

Offline MyBrainIsBroken

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2018, 09:11:19 PM »
I just stumbled across this thread. I like visiting Toronto. I'm only a 3 hour drive away. By the end of June I'll be on break from school and my CC-EMT course will be finished so I would have to be crazy not to join you. In case you're not sure how to interpret that, that's a yes, I plan to attend. It would be nice to see some more guys jump in.

xyzcf's advice was very good, especially the advice about having a place where everyone can get together and visit. Everybody wound up in the room Pete (Bailmor) and I were sharing. Something to do with Pete bringing a portable bar with him. It got a little bit crowded in there. Come to think of it, we need to get Pete to come to this!

Offline SteelSpine

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2018, 09:29:25 PM »
I am so looking forward to this meetup!

I will be staying in Niagara visiting family with my boys, so realistically I will only be able to join all of you for only one of the days.

Unless of course you all want to have a field trip down to my neighborhood and tour the wineries!!

fwiw, I always fly into Buffalo, then drive over the border into Canada. The airport is easier and flights are often cheaper, but then you have to rent a car.
me 56, H 52
S14, S10 & S10
M 1/98

7/16 - BD - PA - OW
Monster until 1/17
T&Gs until 8/18
No legal action

Offline intown28

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 05:04:52 AM »
sounds fun

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 05:19:08 AM »
It looks like we may have a LBS convention of sorts.  I counted at least 15 that would like to make to the meet.  I’m flabbergasted...  I think the destination (‘foreign’ for our US friends) might have been the clincher.  Who knew...

So, just to remind you, we settled on the last week and weekend of June.  Most probably in downtown Toronto for convenience, especially for those that wish take the opportunity to be tourists as well as meet LBS friends.  Lots to see and enjoy in Toronto!  It’s usually not very hot in June, which means that walking around the town is rather pleasant.

I read that if you are a US citizen, you don’t need a passport to cross the border by car.  Just an enhanced driver’s license will do it.  If you are flying, you need a passport. 

Counting the months!  (It will morph into  ‘counting the weeks’ to ‘counting the days’ to ‘counting the hours’ :)
Live-in MLCer

Offline Kitty

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 05:43:34 AM »
So when you say the last weekend also, do you mean just the 29th and 30th, or are you including July 1st as well? I'd like to go but don't know if I can swing the whole week.
Me 39; H 43
Together 22 years; married 13
No kids, no pets

Grumpy is in an MLC, it doesn't matter what he has said or done. The important thing is, this is all about him and has nothing to do with me.

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
We were shooting for a massive meet up either 29 or 30.  Other than that, you would arrive any day you like, maybe arrange a small group meets, go to Niigata Falls, shop at Easton centre (the high USD exchange rate will give you all the necessary excuses) and enjoy the multicultural cuisine.  Our lakeside park is fabulous!  You could catch a ferry to Centre Island, too. It is lovely. 

May I suggest that you all reserve 29/30 for the big group meet up and arrange small group meets via PM?  It could be just 2 people, or 3, or 4...
Live-in MLCer

Online xyzcf

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2018, 07:32:18 AM »
I think the laws have changed regarding the need for a passport to enter Canada.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/canada.html

Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.