Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems  (Read 2290 times)

Offline RollercoasteriderTopic starter

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Off-Topic Forum Problems
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:41:20 PM »
Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to post for the last couple of days. The host was able to remedy the issue, but we are not out of the woods yet. This began as part of an upgrade that went awry and then I had someone from smf (we are an smf forum) do a new clean upgrade for me. He did not mess it up--he's been wonderful. It seems an old modification was causing a problem--even though it was no longer installed. As you can see the forum formatting was removed as part of the clean upgrade--specifically the topic icons. It may take me awhile to figure out how or if we can get the thread icons back. Sure, I can and will certainly upload the storybook and other images...but will we have to start over as we create threads now and leave all the old threads as they are now? Or are the icons we used stored with each thread somewhere in the database... I don't know. I was also using a mod that attached those icons to the thread--this was why we had two columns of icons when you looked at the list of threads. Hopefully those are stored in the database--once I re-upload the actual images. But that particular modification was apparently one that was causing issues... so I don't know what will happen yet. Please let me know (by PM) if you notice any glitches--I think we had some login issues, though I don't know if these are continuing. I may also send a test global PM. I sent one Sunday afternoon and it failed--but I did not know this because I got two copies of it in my inbox, so it looked like it worked until I asked others and no one had received it. Please be patient as we may find some glitches and as I try to get our forum back to where it needs to be...and thanks for still being here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:54:41 PM by Rollercoasterider »

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Forum Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 10:42:49 PM »
Okay, one glitch or problem seems to be that I cannot type in paragraphs--that initial post was actually separated into a few paragraphs and the system just shoved them all together--so I am sorry that it is difficult to read.

Offline Mortesbride

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:40:55 AM »
I noticed yesterday that when I tried to respond to posts it just brought up an error messages. This seems resolved at the moment.

When clicking on unread posts since last visit it no longer brings up a list of all the unread stories that you aren't ''attached to''. Now it is either blank or just a few stories from those who have posted directly between visits. Meaning if I want to catch up on anyone else's story from the week you have to go through the community button and search through all the threads manually...if that makes sense?

Online Whyus

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 05:56:42 AM »
Thanks for the info
"and thanks for still being here." 
I think that I can speak for everybody when I say I wish that I never had to be here in the first place ;-)
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 44
W: 44
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28. Trainings partner. Still together
2 Sons - 18 & 19
2 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Filed
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0
T10. http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9547.0

Offline MCSINME

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:04:51 AM »
Thanks for the info
"and thanks for still being here."
I think that I can speak for everybody when I say I wish that I never had to be here in the first place ;-)

Ditto from me!

Offline SO EMOTIONAL

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
I posted on February 23rd and can't find my post. I look foward to everyone's support and incite. It bummed me that my post is nowhere to be found. :-\
"Grief, I have learned, is just love. It's all the love you want to give but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go."

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
I posted on February 23rd and can't find my post. I look foward to everyone's support and incite. It bummed me that my post is nowhere to be found. :-\
I am sorry to say that it is lost, is it possible for you to re-post it?

Offline Schratz66

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 11:12:45 AM »
Thank you for the update - I was beginning to wonder if I had been banned from posting :)
Me 50
H 49
AD 20 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017
OW High School Sweetheart lives 4 hrs away

Offline Milly

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »
I don't know if it's just my thread and Treausur's but the links to our new threads don't work.

Edit  - yours are working for me now.  - OldPilot
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:18:47 AM by OldPilot »
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D23, D20, S13
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline MCSINME

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 08:01:15 AM »
My old thread (Hummingbird) went into archives this morning.
I was trying to link to my new one.
Thank you,
MCS

Offline Thunder

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »
I did it for you, MSC.  Sorry, I didn't know you were trying.   It's all good.
With her permission, a quote from a recovered MLCer: 
From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »
Sorry for the GIANT icons. I actually reduced their size a couple days ago, but somehow it is not coming through--and the file sizes are about  same dimensions as the storybooks. I thought that it might just take time to repopulate through the large board--yesterday the green monster finally came through reduced. But the mirror and the heart-ears are still huge and now the green monster has reverted to the angry emoticon. That is also weird. When I first started the forum I edited the emoticons, replacing the files with my icons while keeping the original emoticon names. But now that monster has its own name AND...this is what is really strange...in the admin section where I edit them, I have it properly set AND it shows the green monster and not the angry emoticon. Why was it fine yesterday? So this is something to ask at the smf support forum.

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 02:16:08 AM »
What I have discovered is that the control buttons do not always have the desired effect or that the tag is no longer visible. If one knew the original tag format [ tag ] [ /tag ] THOSE tags still work although there is no longer a button for them... It seems that the WYSIWYG interface has changed in the newest version and some things are no longer supported by buttons   The Emoji buttons also no longer have any effect but, again, if one knew what characters resulted in which Emoji, one can type the character string directly and that DOES work... :o
Me - 54
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 11
D - 7
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer is initiating D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
Taking the liberty of posting this here so you'll have the info onsite for future reference. Been poking around your forum cleaning up the recent 2.0.15 upgrade, some things you should know.

- Login failures: There were two login problems, one of which I fixed a few days ago, the other I'm working on.

As with most custom themes, header login did not work in Curve Multi Color due to missing session check. This is a security feature that was added in 2.0.14, and package manager fails to update header login in themes other than default Curve. I fixed it, but would have to be fixed again if you have to reinstall theme. No big deal.

The other problem is invalid referring url, which was generating a lot of errors. Most of this seemed to be from members trying to login at http://www.mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php, possibly using old bookmarks. First login attempt fails, second one works. I've added .htaccess to your forum root which rewrites http://www.mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php to http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php. Still logging some of these errors, but all failed logins are now coming from 36.57.*.* ips, which appear to be chinese spammer. This could be anti-spam blocking them, I'm looking into that.

- Error log: Speaking of errors, you had just over 532,000 errors in your forum log for 30 days, that's approx. 17,700/day, 740/hr. Keeps the server busy, bloats your database. Admins should check the log regularly, address problems that are generating errors.

- Database backups: Are you backing up your database regularly? You have 1.3 gb of content, as far as I can see there's nothing in cpanel indicating your host does automatic backups. Manual backups are problematic, tried downloading a gzip backup last night, forum went down due to exceeding resource limits so I cancelled it, but manual backup does appear to work. Your cpanel supports cronjobs, something could be done with that.

- Paid subscriptions: As per this, you will need to convert to https by June of this year, or paid subs will stop working. There's a support guide to http -> https conversion here. Wouldn't attempt this until you get all the bugs out of the forum upgrade and everything runs smoothly for a while.

- Host limits: The original problem with the 2.0.15 upgrade was you had exceeded max disk capacity, file uploads were failing. That's been fixed, you're currently using 50% of increased capacity (5.86/11.72 gb). Of greater concern is forum went down while d/ling database backup. You might want to consider moving to a better host.

I'll enable notification on this topic, please post any problems you notice here. Leave me as admin until you're satisfied everything is squared away.

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »
Taking the liberty of posting this here so you'll have the info onsite for future reference. Been poking around your forum cleaning up the recent 2.0.15 upgrade, some things you should know.

- Login failures: There were two login problems, one of which I fixed a few days ago, the other I'm working on.

As with most custom themes, header login did not work in Curve Multi Color due to missing session check. This is a security feature that was added in 2.0.14, and package manager fails to update header login in themes other than default Curve. I fixed it, but would have to be fixed again if you have to reinstall theme. No big deal.

The other problem is invalid referring url, which was generating a lot of errors. Most of this seemed to be from members trying to login at http://www.mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php, possibly using old bookmarks. First login attempt fails, second one works. I've added .htaccess to your forum root which rewrites http://www.mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php to http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php. Still logging some of these errors, but all failed logins are now coming from 36.57.*.* ips, which appear to be chinese spammer. This could be anti-spam blocking them, I'm looking into that.

- Error log: Speaking of errors, you had just over 532,000 errors in your forum log for 30 days, that's approx. 17,700/day, 740/hr. Keeps the server busy, bloats your database. Admins should check the log regularly, address problems that are generating errors.

- Database backups: Are you backing up your database regularly? You have 1.3 gb of content, as far as I can see there's nothing in cpanel indicating your host does automatic backups. Manual backups are problematic, tried downloading a gzip backup last night, forum went down due to exceeding resource limits so I cancelled it, but manual backup does appear to work. Your cpanel supports cronjobs, something could be done with that.

- Paid subscriptions: As per this, you will need to convert to https by June of this year, or paid subs will stop working. There's a support guide to http -> https conversion here. Wouldn't attempt this until you get all the bugs out of the forum upgrade and everything runs smoothly for a while.

- Host limits: The original problem with the 2.0.15 upgrade was you had exceeded max disk capacity, file uploads were failing. That's been fixed, you're currently using 50% of increased capacity (5.86/11.72 gb). Of greater concern is forum went down while d/ling database backup. You might want to consider moving to a better host.

I'll enable notification on this topic, please post any problems you notice here. Leave me as admin until you're satisfied everything is squared away.

Thank you Sir!

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »
Almost forgot, there was a problem with the path to /cache directory, fixed that.  It may have been the reason icons were not updating. 

Online OffRoad

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 11:20:23 PM »
Words that make sense! I love tech talk. Thank you for the clean up.

When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

Offline Thunder

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 06:56:29 AM »
I don't know if this was mentioned but it seems the spacing is off when posting or replying.

They paragraphs are not spacing correctly so the posts come out hard to read, no proper breaks.  Even though we are putting them in there.

If you space 3 times it seems to put the breaks in.
From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did.

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 09:37:20 AM »
I'm not seeing that, working normally for me.  Link to an affected post?

Offline Thunder

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 11:02:16 AM »
Sir, after looking at a few things, I'm beginning to think it may be me who is having a spacing problem.  Maybe just need some adjusting.
So no problem.
Thanks for responding.

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 12:13:57 PM »
Sir, after looking at a few things, I'm beginning to think it may be me who is having a spacing problem.  Maybe just need some adjusting.
So no problem.
Thanks for responding.

Re-read RCR's first post she did say their are some formatting errors.
Not sure what that means though.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »
Your're right OP, I didn't remember that.  That is part of the issue I am having and am seeing sometimes. 
Thank you.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 04:40:55 PM »
Got to be brief... I am putting in paragraphs, but have not had luck with them formatting so far, so this is likely to come out as a big or little paragraph. I think it is the WYSIWYG mod that allows for formatting posts. I bought it a couple of years ago and I think we might have had some issues and maybe I uninstalled it back then. But when reinstalling mods the other day I did not recall that I had uninstalled it.  This is just a guess right now. Sir Osis: I think the host said they do daily backups...I know they did, but I will check and see if that includes database backups. Regarding https: Interesting...I just started researching what I need to do to convert the blog, forum and main site to https. I got a standard email from my blog host today saying the auti SSL certificate is installed. So that sounds like step 1 is done for the blog...? More to address, but I can hear a lot of noise from the kids upstairs and need to go rescue Chuck! Yup, paragraphs disappeared when I previewed and now are even gone in the typing box. But others don't have this problem?

Offline Kitty

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 06:12:47 PM »
I found that you have to hit enter/return twice. It seems like it's setup now to double space between lines.
Me 37; H 41
Together 20 years; married 12
No kids, no pets
BD #1 Late October 2017 - H says he feels like he is living with a room mate at times (ILYBINILWY) and has considered separation.
BD #2 12/22/17 - Day after legal separation signed, I find out about OW after H said there wasn't one.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. It's the only way for you to become what you are meant to be." Kylo Ren - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »
I'm noticing single line breaks appear to be double in post editor, but they preview/post as single, you have to hit two to double space paragraphs, but after first preview they become normal.  Think this is the wysiwyg mod.  WYSIWYG has been problematic, the core feature in 2.0 is buggy and not recommended.  You're using the SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor mod, first time I'm seeing it, but wouldn't be surprised if it also has problems.  I'm seeing a lot of server errors in Subs-Posts.php, they seem to occur in clusters, but don't think they're related to this.  I'll drop you back to php 5.6, see if it helps, some of the older mods aren't updated for php 7.

Re: backups, most hosts do server backups daily, but often only keep them for 2-3 days, then they're gone.  Some will charge you to restore db from server backups.  My host (Crocweb) runs R1Soft in cpanel, it backs up everything in the account daily and keeps it for 30 days on remote servers, so even if host server gets nuked, backups are elsewhere.  I also have cronjobs running that backup all dbs daily and saves them 30 days on host server.  This wouldn't work for you due to the size of your db and current disk space limits.

I'm going to block ip 36.57.*.*, keeps logging errors.  You don't have any members in that range.  It'll be in .htaccess if you need to remove it.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 06:33:09 AM »
The board looks a bit strange today, but you're probably aware of this.  It's kind of hard to read..like thinks are off kilter.

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 06:35:06 AM »
The board looks a bit strange today, but you're probably aware of this.  It's kind of hard to read..like thinks are off kilter.

??? Maybe calibrated eyeballs?  The only thing I noticed is that the icons are gone again... but the WYSIWYG interface for posting is back with all the buttons again like it used to be...
Me - 54
MLC - 47
S - 11
D - 7
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 08:24:18 AM »
the WYSIWYG interface for posting is back with all the buttons again like it used to be...
The NEW button is still not working!

Along with the second ICON image.

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
The topic prefix header in message template is borked, icons are not displayed because path is incorrect.  It's looking for /CurveMultiColor/images, should be /Curve_Multi_Color/images.  This will affect other icons as well.  Have you changed anything?  Looks like you may have installed different version of the theme.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 10:36:33 AM »
Well, as you guys may have noticed I reinstalled the mod that gives us the topic pictures--but since the images are not coming through, you may only have noticed that there is a list of stuff at the top of the board, but no images. UGH
I uploaded the images and tried a few times when they did not come through. The mod itself works--if you want to sort threads by a certain topic icon, just click the name of that icon in the list at the top and it will show only those threads--and that by itself is pretty cool I guess.

I've got just under 30 minutes to work now because I promised Chuck he could nap while I make and serve lunch...then preschool drop-off, Speech Therapy for Sissy at her school, then sign tax paperwork at accountant's office across town...
At least Chuck is making dinner tonight! ;D

i am going to look at the image mod quickly, but then need to read more about converting all three sites to https. That may be my big project, darn, I was trying to make getting the book edited again and then out in e-book my project. SIGH such is life and I do love my life with my adorables! ;D

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 06:41:55 PM »
  Ok, there were several things wrong, I've fixed the ones I see. 

- You reinstalled CurveMultiColor theme in different directory, /Curve_Multi_Color (dated earlier today), this broke all the image links in prefix mod.  Uninstalling/reinstalling the mod doesn't fix this if you retain mod data, if you don't, you have to reconfigure mod from scratch.  Fixed image links in database, should be ok now.

- Your custom images were not in /Curve_Multi_Color/images, and at least one was missing from a subdir.  I've uploaded the entire /images directory from backup.

- At least one image in prefix settings was set for https and failed to load, changed it to http, it works.

There may be other glitches in the theme, would be related to these.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »
Things are looking better.  What ever you did.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 08:44:02 PM »
Sir Osis,

Thank you so very much!
I reinstalled the theme. Today? Or do you mean just after you upgraded when I messed things up again? ;)

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2018, 01:13:04 AM »
I'm seeing login problems now. I can get in from my phone but get a session verification failure from my PC.

Using different browsers (Chrome & Firefox) as well as clearing the cache completely didn't help.....
Me - 54
MLC - 47
S - 11
D - 7
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

Offline Helpingme!

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2018, 05:23:55 AM »
I'm getting session verification failure on my phone.  Saying my session has times out. Try logging out and logging back in.
But I can't log out either.
Some post go thru, but most will not.

Offline UrsaMajor

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2018, 05:26:25 AM »
I'm getting session verification failure on my phone.  Saying my session has times out. Try logging out and logging back in.
But I can't log out either.
Some post go thru, but most will not.

Seems to be a rolling issue... OP was not able to log in or post, I could get in and post from my phone but not from a PC (Session Verification Failures) until about 20 minutes ago and now it is working for the PC (Don't know about the phone since I logged out there)

Posting seems to be working as well...

Some of our members down under haven't had any problems at all so ???  ....
Me - 54
MLC - 47
S - 11
D - 7
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 05:31:55 AM »
I finally just got back on.

Maybe this is a host issue, not sure, but we shall see.

I kept getting the following message

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Also need to figure out if we can re-install our SPAMMER MOD as we are getting more spammers now.
Last night I deleted another one that was posting.

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »
This seems to be some sort of rolling problem as I just spoke to XYZCF in Colorado and now she can not get on.

Offline xyzcf

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 01:46:19 PM »
I am back on now 😀
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

http://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/site-map.html
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
The Mentor Program
Report Technical Problems

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
I am back on now 😀

OK thanks - I just got the issue fixed by Sir Osis.

Offline Mitzpah

• How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »
I have no problems on getting on - but I did have a problem in posting - I got the abovementioned message
M 56
H 56
S 26
S 24
D 23
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
I guess we are still having some data base issues as no one seems able to start a new thread.

For those that are trying I suggest adding on to your current thread and when this starts working again we can split them off and
start new threads.

We are generating this error message

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Sorry!!

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
I just uninstalled the akismet and tested a new post--same error.
Then I uninstalled the forum firewall mod and tested a new post--same error.

Those are the two newest mods. And as OldPilot has said on the mod board, we are still getting a lot of SPAM registrations requesting approval, whereas they were blocked when we were using Stop Spammer, but Stop Spammer does not have a new version for our upgraded smf version.

I have to go in a few minutes to preschool pick-up, but will head over to smf when I get back.

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »
Database errors are being caused by anti-spam mods, you currently have four installed, there may be some stray code from installimg/uninstalling mods.  Not a good idea installing multiple mods for same purpose, they may interfere with each other.  Do you have a files backup from before this problem started?

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2018, 08:08:31 PM »
Ok, you should be able to post new topics.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
Thanks Sir Osis...and sorry.

I backed up each time I added a new mod and the server told me that they back up every night.

I added multiple SPAM mods because I thought each one might cover a different area of antispam--I think it was the firewall mod that even suggested a few mods--unfortunately Stop Spammer and Bad Behavior with Project Honeypot were included on their list and those are not working here.

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »
It was a database problem, one of the mods added 'spam' field with no default value to _topics table.  It should work, but didn't.  I believe errors were caused by a mysql bug, it doesn't affect core code, but causes problems for some mods.  I set default value to 'null', stopped the errors and shouldn't affect mod.

Package manager creates a backup whenever a mod is installed, they're in /Packages/backups/.  If you install/uninstall/reinstall mods, things get confused and backups may not undo damage. 

Your cpanel has a backup utility, but it doesn't allow automatic backups.  Most hosts do daily server backups, but many only save backups for a few days, then they're gone.  Some will charge you to restore files or databases from server backups.  You should confirm with your host how long backups are saved.  My host uses R1Soft, which backs up all files and databases daily and saves them for 30 days on remote server.  I also have cron jobs running backup daily and save 30 days in my account.  Your cpanel supports cron jobs, but you don't have sufficient disk capacity to do this.  You're currently at 87%, you can view usage in cpanel.  Might want to ask your host why there's almost 4 gb in 'Files in hidden subdirectories'.

Offline Seekingpatience

• There but for the grace of God go I
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »
Hi

Just want to let you know that when I tried logging in multiple times I get the warning message
“ This site is not secure “

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
Hi

Just want to let you know that when I tried logging in multiple times I get the warning message
“ This site is not secure “
Thanks for letting us know, who is giving you that message?

I am not getting it.

Offline Sir Osis

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »
That's from your browser, it will do that on any site that's not https, but it shouldn't cause multiple logins.  Which browser are you using?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.