Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Silver's update 2023

My Story Silver's update 2023
#10: July 07, 2023, 12:01:41 AM
Thank you all for replies!

Thunder, gman...wow I feel like flying back in time few years, so nice to hear from you both! You too SS, beyond... all of you who replied!  :)

Thunder: I am in contact with Whyus every now and then and to say short: he seems to do great! Maybe he'll come back here one day to tell himself but he is fine imo.

"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

Re: Silver's update 2023
#11: July 11, 2023, 04:38:59 AM
Oh wow! Silver, great to hear from you.  :)  I also used to follow your story (and WhyUs) when I was in the thick of it!
Thunder, you are also still around!

It's nice to hear from people a few years out and see that life eventually moves us away from the pain and confusion of the first few months. I can see my xH divorcing OW at some point. I could be wrong but I just don't think it'll last.
Good to hear that J and you are doing great!

H - 46 (40 @BD1)
M - 46 (40 @BD1)
Together 15 years, M 8 @separation
No kids
BD1 - 26th Aug 2017 (Not happy, life has no purpose)
BD2 - 22nd March 2018 (Marriage is over, we want different things, confessed EA with someone 12,000 kms away although "she means nothing")
H moved in with parents 11th May 2018 (I asked him to leave as couldn't handle the EA rubbed all over my face)
H moved abroad 29th Dec 2018, not sure if OW will join him or if they are still in contact.
Confirmation H and OW are together, presume PA  - 3rd June 2019
H gets engaged with OW - Oct 2019
H "finally" asks for divorce - Aug 2020
H marries OW - March 2021.. We are not divorced!
Divorced - Dec 7th 2022

"One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change"

Silver's update 2023
#12: July 11, 2023, 05:10:40 AM
How lovely to hear that you are doing so well, Silver!
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

s
Silver's update 2023
#13: July 12, 2023, 06:31:31 PM
Nice to have an update from you, Silver!  Life does, indeed, keep marching forward and as BB has stated we've created new lives and adventures and continue to thrive.   

Drop in on occasion and let us know how things are going.   Like Thunder, I should probably share an update as well.   
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Silver's update 2023
#14: August 08, 2023, 03:36:09 AM
Thanks Odaat, Treasur, still, good to hear from all of you as well!

A brief update:

OM has left the building. They (he and his 2 sons) moved out a week ago and XW bought their beautiful (it really is!) house. We continue coparenting of course in week-week system as we have all these years. I am not sure how she thinks she can manage to do everything by her own as it is a quite big house with big garden and backyard not even to mention the financial challenges that should follow (big mortgage etc). But that's her business not mine. She didn't tell me about their divorce until OM and boys already left but I knew already as kids naturally told me about it as soon as she told them. She even told me the reason for d. I'm not opening the case more here but what is pretty clear is that she doesn't take ANY responsibility about their divorce. Surprised?? These things just happens to her, that's her take on that. I mean this is her 3rd divorce and she didn't play any part in any of them (if you ask her).   :o ;D

Not just her relationship, she has also disowned many VERY important persons (like her really close sister) lately. I confronted her about that and told her that I am genuinely sad to hear that she burns bridges behind her for whatever the reason. Her reply is that she is happy and would do everythin again exactly as she did and doesn't miss any of them. I am afraid there will come a day she regrets it all but knowing her - she will never admit it. At least I hope they would reconnect with her (twin) sister one day soon enough. Talking about her sister, I have reconnected with her family this summer and am really happy about it as they were important to me back at the days we still were married. I met her once and her h and kids (my kids' cousins) twice this summer and we had great time, like there were no 5+ years between! Well we never actually disowned each other but not really were in touch more than casual texts couple of times a year so this summer really felt like reconnection to me.

What comes to MLCers and OM's - I don't see her as MLCer who could "recover" ever anymore. I don't believe she gets out of her cycle (call it MLC or whatever) in her life. In fact I am pretty sure that there is another OM (gosh I don't remember which number next one will be!) right after the corner. She won't take my advice which I gave her as she told about their divorce. I texted her "the best gift you can give to yourself after your d is NOT to jump into another relationship AT LEAST in 6 months or even better a year! Give a little time to yourself to heal and stay alone for a while for that helps you to build much better basis to your next relationship". She didn't respond but at least she didn't get mad at me saying that and I hope from my heart she would do that but doubt she will.

She will continue seeking happiness from wrong side of herself (that being outside of course) bc it feels easier and more safe way to do but will never work. Never.

Thanks for reading and have a good week all you brave & beautiful people out there!

EDIT: btw this OM was the last guy who's "OM" to me. 7 years of OM's are enough!  ;D

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:51:04 AM by Silver »
"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

M
Silver's update 2023
#15: August 08, 2023, 06:28:53 AM
EDIT: btw this OM was the last guy who's "OM" to me. 7 years of OM's are enough!
I guess the next will just me “M” as whoever she is with will still affect the kids. Let’s hope she makes better choices. We know she is capable of it. I mean you were her “M” at one point, right? What is interesting is they say most these relationships break up by year 5.  Looks like she was within that time frame.
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Silver's update 2023
#16: August 08, 2023, 07:33:39 AM
EDIT: btw this OM was the last guy who's "OM" to me. 7 years of OM's are enough!  ;D

Wash, Rinse, Spin, Repeat......

But no matter how far they run or how fast, they run, there they are....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Silver's update 2023
#17: August 08, 2023, 10:54:25 PM
Thanks Madluv & UM!

EDIT: btw this OM was the last guy who's "OM" to me. 7 years of OM's are enough!
I guess the next will just me “M” as whoever she is with will still affect the kids. Let’s hope she makes better choices. We know she is capable of it. I mean you were her “M” at one point, right? What is interesting is they say most these relationships break up by year 5.  Looks like she was within that time frame.

Actually it was year 6 in their case which is more than I thought it would last tbh! The problem in XW's case is the fact that this most recent OM was at least decent guy imo and she didn't actually choose  wrong if you ask me but I doubt there will be a man "good enough" for her bc like UM stated  they just can't stop running. They always  make up reason to leave the relationship when it is time to cycle to "wash" again.

Still, after all these years I hope for her and especially for my kids sake that she could find some peace inside somehow and gets out of her cycle. The question is how can you find peace inside if you never seek it there? How can you stop running if you are desperate to see what's in the goal? I kind of understand their thinking in it. Is liminal depression the only way out of it? Can some of them run rest of their lives if they refuse to face the facts at some point? I guess they can and that's just so sad, like letting your life to pass by searching for something you'll never find but what actually is always within your reach.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Silver's update 2023
#18: August 09, 2023, 01:11:10 AM
Can some of them run rest of their lives if they refuse to face the facts at some point? I guess they can and that's just so sad, like letting your life to pass by searching for something you'll never find but what actually is always within your reach.

Oh yes, they can run the rest of their lives. I have personally witnessed it in MLCxFIL(RIP) - MLCxW's F... He ran and ran and ran until his heart gave out (literally) and he never found the peace he was running after.... not even on his deathbed. He always was looking for someone or something to blame for his misery and never looked into the mirror to find the real causes of his problems.

Yes, it is sad but it is out of our sphere of control....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

M
Silver's update 2023
#19: August 09, 2023, 05:58:08 AM
The question is how can you find peace inside if you never seek it there? How can you stop running if you are desperate to see what's in the goal? I kind of understand their thinking in it. Is liminal depression the only way out of it? Can some of them run rest of their lives if they refuse to face the facts at some point? I guess they can and that's just so sad, like letting your life to pass by searching for something you'll never find but what actually is always within your reach
  It is sad. I think the ones that get “stuck” do have some clarity and even liminal depression, but just are to weak to face themselves. I firmly believe my XH will be one of those. It is hard to witness. The hardest thing for me in all this has been coming to terms with  the fact that love can not save them. Love, concern, devotion. All the things that should make them secure well, those are the things they run from. We have no other choice at some point to unlove someone we want to love.  At least in the way we want to love them.
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.