Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story standing on my own two feet

• Mentor
My Story Re: standing on my own two feet
#90: April 22, 2016, 03:54:46 AM
She can refuse to listen all she wants, doesn't change the law.   :)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
Re: standing on my own two feet
#91: April 23, 2016, 11:28:20 AM
Hes definitely cycling through some earlier stages but it doesn't last long. Maybe a day or two at most. He can't unsee what he's discovered, can't lie to himself anymore. He gets angry a lot because of that but lets go of it pretty quickly. Its exhausting to watch.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
secret trip with OW June 2014
moved out to live with OW July 2014
left state with ow to go to treatment Nov 2014
Ow gave birth to OC June 2015
h is on probation back here at home
H married ow dec 2015 while still being legally married to me
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA
still says he loves me but he has to grow as a person

#92: April 24, 2016, 12:03:19 AM
H and d19 got into a huge fight. She told him he was a jerk ans needed to stop treating me like trash. It was a small incident that got blown up and got ugly fast. She had yelled at her brothers to be quiet and was frustrated about changing her insulin pump site and h thought she was yelling at me and overstepping her bounds with her brothers so he yelled at her then yelled at me and she got mad and went at him and ran off down the street in the middle of the night. I had to go look for her and my mom eventually came and got her so she didnt have to be around h. It was awful. They were both in the wrong. H will get over it but d19 is vowing to not speak to him again unless she sees hes really changed and stopped talking to ow. She thinks h has a problem with her and doesn't like her. Its a lot stemming from all the chaos from growing up with him being an unstable alcoholic. I told her deep down she knows her dad loves her and to not completely shut him out. He does love her, he just doesnt understand her because he never really paid attention until now. They have always butted heads because they are alot alike. I hope she calms down and rethinks things but until then im going to have to keep them at a distance from each other.

I told him that he needs to think about it too. He says hes feeling sad cause he leaving and won't see us for a very long time. I said well you wont and even when you do see me and the boys d19 wont be there so who knows how long it will be until you see her again. Shes your kid and its part of being a parent to fight with your kids. She hates it when you yell at me. She thinks you hate her.

We've been through this before and they both eventually make up but she's really angry and i worry. Id hate to see all the progress theyve made rebuilding their relationship fall apart over something so stupid.

Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

• Mentor
#93: April 24, 2016, 12:50:44 AM
BI,

I don't understand why he is even leaving.
Does ow still have that much control over him?

Sorry about your D and him getting into it.  That's tough to watch when you love them both, but I guess they have to figure it out.   :-\
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

C
#94: April 24, 2016, 03:01:52 AM
Sorry he's still running, BI.

BI,

I don't understand why he is even leaving.
Does ow still have that much control over him?

Sorry about your D and him getting into it.  That's tough to watch when you love them both, but I guess they have to figure it out.   :-\

I don't get why he's leaving either. She really must have a hold over him.  :-\

It's hard with the kids isn't it, but at her age your D19 can handle your H. She sounds like a good kid.

Following along BI. Take care.  :)
BD 29 Nov '13
Left home 8 June '14
Does not live with OW

#95: April 24, 2016, 09:43:31 AM
His plans on leaving change hourly. Its insane. He's in a toxic abusive narcissistic relationship. She has hoovered him and gaslighted him so bad when he first came here he didnt know what was up and what was down. Hes been reading and now recognizes the signs of all these things and is able to resist them more. His crutch is he isnt able to resist arguing with her to prove he isnt crazy. So he tell her to never contact him, she won't text for almost a day then shoots him something to set him off. He still has that stupid sliver of hope because he doesnt want to think he was that gullible to be sucked into a relationship with a sociopath. Its hard to watch and its a little pathetic but he also has been so manipulated he has a lot to untangle himself from.

So who knows what he's doing. He says the same thing you guys do, why the heck am i even thinking of going back over there. Even he doesn't know.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

#96: April 24, 2016, 02:49:53 PM
 He's so angry. Its hard for me not to tell him off. He's being ridiculous. Its not my fault you make bad decisions. The trauma of his relationship with ow is rearing its head. Hes so used to being blamed and demeaned he thinks everyone is going to do it. It's exhausting. Thats all i have to say about it.

D19 is sick, which explains a lot of her behavior last night but im not saying anything to him about it cause he will say im making excuses when its just a fact. Her ketones are up in her system and she may have to go to the hospital if they don't go down.

Hes just being a giant @$$hole.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

• Mentor
#97: April 25, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
I've never heard of that before.
I thought ketones go up when you are lacking carbs.

Sorry H Is being an A@@hole.   :-\ 

#98: April 25, 2016, 07:44:54 PM
Shes type 1 diabetic and on an insulin pump. Her pancreas does not function at all. It started acting up the night her and h fought. She was in the hospital today to get some saline drips to bring it down. Shes ok. She has no lack of carbs lol girl eats like a horse.

H has been very nice today. He was thinking a lot about what happened between him and d19. Plus some thing he and i hashed out earlier, he was still upset about what he read on my phone. He said he realized that i shouldnt have to feel like im in second place and that he sees he's not been available to me to talk to and it wasn't fair. Just to add, he and I have had some very honest conversations since he's been here. Hes admitting things to me he never would have before and i already knew but him telling me is huge. And also he remembers things he did and said to me before, during, and affer bomb drop. So yes they know exactly what they are doing and if they change they do regret it and feel remorse about it.

Its been an emotional couple of days to say the least.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

C
#99: April 25, 2016, 10:51:46 PM
Sounding good BI, but no expectations, ok? Take care. X
BD 29 Nov '13
Left home 8 June '14
Does not live with OW

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.