Skip to main content

Author Topic:  My story

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
My story
#80: January 04, 2024, 11:23:18 AM
Hello,

Is it normal for a Mid-life Crisis wife to tell her husband that she’s no longer attracted to him?

First of all, Pete Davidson dates models, singers, and actresses and he is all personality- not exactly in the top ten of the hunkiest men alive. So please dis regard your wife's statements. She is throwing you off and shifting the blame to you. Remember, she knows all your weak points and how to push the right points to keep you off balance.

It’s rejection, it definitely hurts the self-esteem. I know it’s hard but try not to dwell on it. In the end it means as little as anything else.

Read this several times. Great point.

I have to admit we don’t have sex very often. In fact it’s been sometime. After we had our second child who is now 15 it definitely wasn’t near as often as when we were dating and trying to get pregnant. I figured it was postpartum but it never got back to normal levels. She told me she’d work on it and look into therapy or potential drugs but that never happened. I told her I loved her and if she wasn’t feeling sexual, then that’s something that I would have to deal with. I get the impression with this midlife crisis. Her sex drive is actually increased, but hearing that from your spouse was hard to accept.

Man, my life and yours in a nutshell. My ex definitely had hang ups abut sex and it goes back way before she and I met. After our second child was born, it became less and less until after the bomb drop- non existent. Just like you, I felt it was something I had to deal with as I took my vows seriously and I was committed to her and the children.

What’s odd is the other day she told me she doesn’t like to tell me where she’s going. It would rather just come and go as she pleases.

Same here. Just wanted to live her life in secrecy and do as she pleased as well. However, I was doing all the cooking at that time and I wanted to know so that dinner would be ready when she and the kids came home. It's not controlling to ask someone where they are going especially if they live in your house. In my new home, we all tell each other where we are going. "I'm going to Target, do you need anything?"  That's how people who care for each other interact. She doesn't have any empathy towards you and honestly, if she is anything like my ex; it borders on contempt.

Once again, she says I’ve been a wonderful husband and a great father but she’s put me in the friend zone a long time ago and that’s where I’m going to be.

First of all, you are not friends because friendship requires trust and you can't trust her. I wouldn't want her for a friend either. I am not friends with my ex either because I don't trust her. I an not friends with my new wife's ex. In the couple of times I met him, I was respectful, but I wasn't endearing either. I just don't buy into the "Well, I cheated on him, put him through three years of hell, broke up our family, took nine years of his retirement, and almost bankrupted him. But it's all okay because in the end, we're great friends."

I put the "We all ended up being friends" in the same vein as "They lived happily ever after" Yeah, right, all good for fairy tales, but not for reality.

I’m seeing less and less of her the last couple of week which is painful but at the same time if she decides to be aggressive and transition out of the home com may or June of this year I’m not going to fight her.

Don't fight her on it because none of this has anything to do with you. She is already living the single life, you just won't accept the memo. This is her crisis and if she thinks living on her own will bring her the happiness she seeks, let her have it.  I used to build a lot of hope on the fact that my ex had not left home. But after she left, I realized it made no difference. She had been gone for years and I suffered more when she was around then when she was gone.

Continue to live and focus on you and the kids. In the end, it will help you heal and relieve a lot of the stress you are feeling.

(((Ready)))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
Re: My story
#81: January 04, 2024, 05:44:46 PM
Ready - I love you brother !!!

I’m a black and white kinda guy and now that I’ve gathered my sea legs about 10 weeks after BD my perspective has changed. I need to control the narrative a bit - the last thing I want are
My kids to ever be treated this way .. someone has to set an adult example ..

READY FOR PREZ !!!!!’ 😂

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#82: January 07, 2024, 05:14:30 PM
Great weekend - went skiing w my son and FIL all weekend. We go most every weekend and finally had the snow to do so! Didn’t hear from W and spoke with her very briefly this evening. Haven’t seen her since Thursday. She’s staying in her room and out of site more often. She did move all her remaining items from the master bedroom and bathroom while I was gone.  Was already in her room when I got him at 5:30.
I’m sure enjoyed not having to avoid me all weekend …
 I read a ton o hearts blessing this weekend … all great information especially the articles she has written over the years - there are just Soooo many. Also been opening the good book as well .. I enjoyed my weekend and was able to relax, ski, read, and dig out my son’s car - had 10+ inches Sat thru Sunday. Who knows what happens next but I’m off the crazy train 🚂 . Last week I told her I’m done worrying, fixing, asking, and caring .. her journey by herself ..I’m off the train ..set a couple of boundaries and told her I love her but hate how she’s acting. That was on Monday - spoke briefly on Thursday and maybe 10 words today .. she looks exhausted 😩…

Hope all the LBS had a good weekend and gained strength, confidence, and inner strength.

a
  • Trial Subscriber
My story
#83: January 07, 2024, 05:50:22 PM
Thanks! Good update. You too!

a
  • Trial Subscriber
My story
#84: January 07, 2024, 05:56:42 PM
One more thing- I’ve seen the memory loss! Forgot two passwords in a week. Crazy memory loss and my H speaks English really well - he’s from another country - and he’s like forgetting words! His English has regressed along with his mental state. It really is a mental health crisis but unfortunately there are real consequences for these evil and selfish choices for both kids our immediate family and ourselves.

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#85: January 13, 2024, 10:50:48 AM
Don’t think I’ve asked this before :

Is it common for MLC’s to turn to Tarot card readings ? Oracle cards ? Wants the spiritual route into gems and stones …

Seems looking for answers anywhere … but not the good book …

Just curious …

W

WHY

#86: January 13, 2024, 11:04:11 AM
Don’t think I’ve asked this before :

Is it common for MLC’s to turn to Tarot card readings ? Oracle cards ? Wants the spiritual route into gems and stones …

Seems looking for answers anywhere … but not the good book …

Just curious …

Mine became heavily invested in astrology when she never showed ANY interest in it before. 

R
My story
#87: January 13, 2024, 04:06:49 PM
They do ANYTHING new as they test out their new fantasy life to be different from the life before.

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#88: January 13, 2024, 04:52:22 PM
I see it as more of a search for answers - kinda like grasping at straws. It still amazes me the destruction that can and is usually caused. All the podcasts and many articles make it as a positive event and a way to really live out your back 9.  I think that messaging doesn't help those in MLC and encourages them to be more aggressive & that everything will be great …..

I have now found 3 friends that have had their wife’s thru MLC. Their outcomes were not promised, 2 divorced and 1 drank herself to death and monstering daily …and unfortunately none of them had this resource or really knew what or why this all happened …

I’m grateful for you all and HS …..

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
My story
#89: January 14, 2024, 04:43:48 AM
Hello,

My ex also was deep into tarot cards. I agree with you that they are trying to find answers and a path forward. I still can't comprehend how someone can conclude that randomly placed pieces of paper with pictures on them can predict your future and then using that information to make life altering decisions.

Have a great day,

((((Ready))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.