Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story All of us learned how to walk by failing

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
My Story All of us learned how to walk by failing
#30: November 18, 2022, 04:16:43 AM
Thanks for sharing your update, F5. I’d been wondering how you were doing. Enjoy the week with your kids!
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

You can either be consumed or forged. It’s up to you; the fire doesn’t care either way.

M
All of us learned how to walk by failing
#31: November 18, 2022, 04:37:29 AM
Even if they were there isn’t much I can do about it
I think that is the magic thought process, isn’t it. When we realize in general most is out of our control. It really is freeing in so many ways to just focus on now and let life evolve.  Sounds like things are going pretty good for you with work and the kids and a new routine. I think everything else will fall in place when it’s suppose to. Great update F5. Thanks for sharing
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

J
#32: November 18, 2022, 05:20:29 AM
Great to hear from you, F5. Glad that things are working out!
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

M
#33: November 18, 2022, 06:44:18 AM
F5, wow!  I’m so happy to hear how great things are going.  I hope things continue to evolve in wonderful ways.  I admire your getting to what sounds like a better emotional place as well. 

Re: All of us learned how to walk by failing
#34: November 18, 2022, 09:06:33 AM
You dug out of the financial hole, bravo!
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

H
#35: November 18, 2022, 01:18:48 PM
So happy for you Father5!

HF
W - 42
M - 46
Together 19 years, M 17
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021
D Final - Jan 2022

#36: November 18, 2022, 02:22:30 PM
I'm so happy you're doing so well F5!!!!

You made the right decision, I know it was hard when you were faced with it..... BRAVO!!!

Onward and upward!!! 8)

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

#37: May 25, 2023, 09:36:01 AM
Hi Guys,

It’s time for an update. I have been doing well in my new venture. I have built some self worth back and am feeling pretty good about the way things are going.

I have worked through most of my brain fog and am feeling more like my normal self. I still have moments of anger and thoughts but they are very few and far between.

Last month I had to deal face to face with my ex after years of not talking.  I did very well, I saved her a seat at the show for one of the kids. We sat together and talked for the first time since this started. It has been almost five years.

Then two weeks later we had to to sit together again for another event. It went the same. It was weird but at some point I realized she was more afraid of me than I was of her.

It has been super healing for me to address the elephant in the room so to speak. To face her and talk to her like I wasn’t afraid anymore.

Don’t get me wrong I still miss her and love her very much but I have grown and have moved forward with my life in a way where I am not waiting for anyone.

Strange enough she did mention that she was having a midlife crisis. I didn’t read too much into it but it was mentioned.

I will try and be more present on the site. I think it would be good for me to help people and pay it back. You guys are truly a gift from god.
Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

Divorce final Nov-21

N

Nas

#38: May 25, 2023, 10:15:12 AM
Happy to read your update, F5. You had to make some hard choices along the way and it wasn’t an easy road (huge understatement) so I’m very glad to read that you are doing well.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

You can either be consumed or forged. It’s up to you; the fire doesn’t care either way.

J
#39: May 25, 2023, 10:20:59 AM
F5, can't say it any better than Nas did... Great to hear from you!
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.