Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story In a Little More Than Four Months.....

m
  • Trial Subscriber
My Story In a Little More Than Four Months.....
#40: January 15, 2024, 08:25:26 AM
This is fascinating.

What she told me early on was that her feeling was that she could not open her heart strings to be able to be my spouse again and that these feelings were facts.

I know feelings are not facts, but at this rate what is the difference. But it is the feelings piece that I see with ready's view on this. Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but merely fascinated with how that resounds with me....

And if someone on here can explain what a heart string is and how one goes about opening and closing, I'd be most interested.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
In a Little More Than Four Months.....
#41: January 15, 2024, 09:18:48 AM
I believe that back in the day tendons were thought to be heart strings and that the heart strings are where the deepest feelings of love and compassion come from.  So then this became an idiom "Tugging on the heart strings" or "pulling on the heart strings"
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#42: January 15, 2024, 11:01:36 AM
Thank you FW.

Any thoughts on how one opens and closes them?

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#43: January 15, 2024, 12:45:42 PM
I would say that emotional detachment is a big factor in opening/closing or not getting your heart strings pulled. 

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/self-focus_releasers_detach.html

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

J
#44: January 15, 2024, 01:00:29 PM
And if someone on here can explain what a heart string is and how one goes about opening and closing, I'd be most interested.

Under the cockles? Sub-cockular, if you will?
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#45: January 16, 2024, 03:03:47 AM

Under the cockles? Sub-cockular, if you will?

Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#46: January 16, 2024, 09:13:09 AM
I agree with X, JB and FW......

As pathetic as I am about to sound, it was the first snow day that I actually had to get to work and it made me really sad. Usually, my xw would go overly concerned that I would even attempt to go to work and be concerned about how I made it. And now, of course, nothing. No care whatsoever.

I know it will be fine, and it is. It was just nice to know someone always cared, no matter what.

J
#47: January 16, 2024, 04:47:14 PM
As pathetic as I am about to sound, it was the first snow day that I actually had to get to work and it made me really sad. Usually, my xw would go overly concerned that I would even attempt to go to work and be concerned about how I made it. And now, of course, nothing. No care whatsoever.

I know it will be fine, and it is. It was just nice to know someone always cared, no matter what.

You're definitely not alone there... Although I can't say my ex-wife was THAT concerned, it was still nice to know someone cared. Heck, I'm wondering who's going to drive me home from my next colonsocopy! I don't really have any co-workers close enough to say that they're my relative... Strange little details like that just keep coming up.

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#48: January 17, 2024, 12:05:12 AM
You're definitely not alone there... Although I can't say my ex-wife was THAT concerned, it was still nice to know someone cared. Heck, I'm wondering who's going to drive me home from my next colonsocopy! I don't really have any co-workers close enough to say that they're my relative... Strange little details like that just keep coming up.

I took a taxi home....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

J
#49: January 17, 2024, 05:16:46 AM
They specifically say “no taxis” here, presumably so you don’t get taken advantage of while drugged up. (And better ambulance-chasing lawyers in the US?) Although I don’t know how they control you once you’re out the door…

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.