Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Onward and Upward is better than Rinse and Repeat!

• https://affaircare.com/the-180
My Story Re: Onward and Upward is better than Rinse and Repeat!
#100: November 01, 2022, 12:54:47 PM
Yikes....I lost track of time.   Oops.  Guess I have been too busy living to remember to get on here and update.

For the most part...the last 1.5 mos have been a lot of the same ole same ole.  He contacts then disappears.  It is all so willy nilly. 

10/29 was my 5th Bomb A Versary.  It was a great day for me.  PB in the am.  Helped a friend in the afternoon followed by an outside picnic with PB friends just because it was a beautiful day to be outide.

H showed up to PB and played 2 games with me.  He asked.  I didn't volunteer.  The last game we played against each other with friends we used to play with all the time.  L told me afterward the H commented that us playing together was just like old times and he had fun.

The following day, H showed up at the house.  He helped without outside chores to help winterize.  It was a nice day.  We work well together and accomplished a lot.  Later he stayed for soup for supper then before he left he commented that the yard needs done again before Thanksgiving and he would try to get it done.  Then he said it would be better if we worked on it together.  One blowing and one on the mower chopping leaves.  I told him....let me know.  If I am available, I'll help!

The nicest thing about bomb drop is that was an awesome day.  Not only because I spent it doing what I wanted with family and friends of my choice.  That was nice.

It was great because there is no more pain associated with Bomb a versary.  None.   I think back about it.  No tears.  I realize how far I have come....all smiles.

I am thankful for the way things have changed.  I can't rue that it happened because I have blossomed int a much better version of myself.   I will never regret the changes.  Do I wish it could have been done in another way....yes.  However, I had no choice in the way it happened.  I just had to focus on me and re-group myself.

I have come so far and I am proud of who I am.  I live a life that I love living!  I have family and friends that I care deeply about and vice versa.

I smile from ear to ear and it is genuine.

Good things do grow out of the ashes....we just have to take the steps to grow and heal ourselves!  It is all up to us!
10.29.17 BD-Moved out to OW/A began in  6.17
3.5.18 OW moved away/H moved in with F
3.19.18  H moved home
7.14.18  Moved to be with OW
9.4.18  Moved back-At Parents 
11.1.18  OW back.  H living w/her in D's basement 
11.18 - H started visiting on holidays
11.26.18 Call from H.  BIL died suddenly.
1.19 - H announced  that he moved to sisters
2.19  H volunteers to house and dog sit whenever.
Spring 19  H visiting house and doing chores on a regular basis
7.20 OW2 Confirmed  5 hrs away 
Summer of 2020 Less help with chores
Early Spring 2021 - helping with chores again then stopped and is getting more distant gradually
9/21 distancing growing worse...hardly see or hear from H
4/22 getting in touch more but sporadically

S
Onward and Upward is better than Rinse and Repeat!
#101: November 03, 2022, 06:12:51 AM
What a wonderful post Sam.
You truly are the poster child of LBS and I am so happy that you have such a full, complete life even without MLC.
Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017
OW High School Sweetheart lives 4 hrs away

M
#102: November 03, 2022, 09:18:16 AM
Sounds like a pretty good day Sam. What a “far cry” from 5 years ago. Ahhhhhh, the relief :)
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

S
#103: January 26, 2023, 09:28:36 AM
Hey Sam - just checking in to see how you are doing
Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017

Re: Onward and Upward is better than Rinse and Repeat!
#104: February 27, 2023, 06:42:59 AM
S 66 - Thanks for checking in!  I am doing good!  Still here!  Still loving life.

Things are well for me!  I am busy, but not too busy!  I pick and choose to do the things that make me happy! 

Mostly pickleball.  My family -the grandkids especially!

Time with friends!  Volunteering!   What I do daily just depends on what I feel like tackling that day.  Always whatever is best for me!

How are you doing?  I have not read updates for sometime. 

I have been off for a time.  I think often of updating, then life happens and I don't take the time to open the computer and share.
3.19.18  H moved home
Early Spring 2021 - helping with chores again then stopped and is getting more distant gradually

Re: Onward and Upward is better than Rinse and Repeat!
#105: February 27, 2023, 07:16:57 AM
Wow!  I have not updated since Nov!  Oops!  I have been living and thriving and going and doing and loving life and all it brings.

As far as H is concerned....I have pretty much given up on him ever coming out of this crap.  I wish he would heal for his sake.  I just no longer have hope for it. 

I still observe from afar and that keeps getting further and further away too!

Here is a bit of an update and some comparisons from what I remember.  Those memories of years past keep getting more and more vague as time passes. 

Nov and Dec:  I never invited H for family dinners and holiday events.  This was a first for me and it felt weird.  I felt like I was being the meanie by not automatically including him, yet, he has shown no signs of wanting to be involved with family so why invite him.

A few days before Thanksgiving....he advised me he was gonna come over and do some work at the house on TG morning.  This was his way of inviting himself.  He showed...spent time with family.  Never did any work.

Christmas...pretty much the same but he did mention about what time we were getting together and when.  When he asked...I let him know dates and times.  Plans changed and I kept him in the loop.

Last year at the holidays, he was a bump on the log.  Sat by himself.  Was on his phone.  It was him there physically but not mentally.

This year, he was involved.  He talked.  He joked.  He interacted.  He PLAYED with the grandkids.  Actually froliced with them in the spare room.  He had moments when the REAL H popped out. 

The holidays passed and he disappeared and has been getting worse since.

He will swing back for 1 or 2 days with good convo and some sharing on his part and then totally disappear.  It used to be for just few days and now it is getting longer and longer.  Nothing to go over a week or more with no contact.   

I don't try during these times.  If there is something he needs to know...I write it down and when he pops up...I share then.  He has to want to be in touch.  I no longer need him to be in touch with me.  In fact, sadly, it is less stressful when he does disappear.

So this is what has been happening since November. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other changes with H:

-He applied for jobs.  Was offered jobs.  Declined jobs. Quit applying for jobs.  Said he was happy where he is.  Now he is back to applying for a really good job while at the same time looking to buy a business.   He still doesn't know what he wants.

- After 6 years of car shopping, he finally bought a vehicle.  It is the same color as his sister.  Same body shape, he just got the larger version.  He thinks it is funny that lil brother and big sis have the same vehicle, except his is the model size higher.  Weird if you ask me.

- At one time in the summer/fall, it appeared that H moved in with OW 1 again.  His vehicle was spotted there nearly all the time.  Many times it was also semi hidden and this was on his days off.  Like he didn't want anyone driving by and seeing it.  So for months the car was there daily.  About a month ago, H started sharing Snap videos showing him at home at night.  About this same time, his car was not showing up as frequently at ow1.   Amazes me how he has moved in and out of her place at 4 times now and she keeps letting it happen.  Sad that she is that desperate to have to hold onto someone who can't even live with for more than a few months at a time and then he runs home to his sister again.

- I saw angry H for the first time in ages.  I mean years.  Have not seen him this angry since prior to BD when he was ramping up then.  Back then I didn't recognize it.  What I was was a man who was throwing a temper tantrum because things were not going his way at pb.  After the match, he left.  Claimed he had a headache and was not feeling well.  He got so angry so fast over absolutely nothing  He didn't blame me and told me he was not mad at me.  He wasn't feeling well and another person there had no right to tell him to calm down after a miss hit.

- He has been complaining about not feeling well and having no endurance after pb.  Says he can't even play for 2 hours anymore.  Just gets so tired and he has to figure out how to build his endurance.  I just told him I was sorry to hear about that and told him that he will figure it out.

- He went on to tell a mutual friend the same thing but went on to say that he gets heart palpitations too and he has been to the dr and all the tests come back normal.   Friend is concerned about him and hopes he figures it all out. 

There is really not too much going on with the MLC world.  Why?  Don't know!

I know I no longer hang my hopes on his bread crumbs.  He can keep them.  I can bake my own bread when I want it.  I have moved onto a place that is different for me from where I was last year.  It just feels good is all I can say!  I like where I am!

Wishing you all the best!    Sam!
3.19.18  H moved home

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#106: February 28, 2023, 01:08:52 AM
Quote from: Sam I Am
- After 6 years of car shopping, he finally bought a vehicle.  It is the same color as his sister.  Same body shape, he just got the larger version.  He thinks it is funny that lil brother and big sis have the same vehicle, except his is the model size higher.  Weird if you ask me.
A little FOO competition perhaps?  Wonder what Sis is thinking about it all.... or if Sis even cares? but it seems to be a big deal to MLCH.... Hmmmmm

Quote from: Sam I Am
-He applied for jobs.  Was offered jobs.  Declined jobs. Quit applying for jobs.  Said he was happy where he is.  Now he is back to applying for a really good job while at the same time looking to buy a business.   He still doesn't know what he wants.
<...snip...>
- At one time in the summer/fall, it appeared that H moved in with OW 1 again.  His vehicle was spotted there nearly all the time.  Many times it was also semi hidden and this was on his days off.  Like he didn't want anyone driving by and seeing it.  So for months the car was there daily.  About a month ago, H started sharing Snap videos showing him at home at night.  About this same time, his car was not showing up as frequently at ow1.   Amazes me how he has moved in and out of her place at 4 times now and she keeps letting it happen.  Sad that she is that desperate to have to hold onto someone who can't even live with for more than a few months at a time and then he runs home to his sister again.

Not to call MLCH an ape but.... he's still spinning.... and OW1 doesn't have enough self-esteem to say "Enough." They don't call them an "Affair Down" for nothing...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

M
#107: March 01, 2023, 10:44:16 AM
Sounds like a good place to be in Sam. For you at least :)
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

S
#108: March 13, 2023, 10:50:19 AM
Sam,

so good to hear from you and may I say you sound like you have moved to another level and I am in awe.

I know I no longer hang my hopes on his bread crumbs.  He can keep them.  I can bake my own bread when I want it.

I love that and I would love to get to that place. This show has been going on for almost 6 years now and I am tired of it and I do just want a normal life and a normal relationship. Unfortunately at my age there will not be much chance of that but I am just plain tired of all the charades, all the false hope and all the right words but no actions that come from my MLC. How can they still not know what they want ? Even teenagers grow out of it......

Your attitude has always been amazing and if I could copy it I would.
Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#109: May 05, 2023, 08:08:51 PM
Good to hear an update Sam!  I have missed my HS friends!
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.