Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2

Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2
#30: January 16, 2019, 11:16:40 AM
I think the reason this happens is if you leave it too long before you send your message off

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Forum Problems 2
#31: April 07, 2019, 02:51:26 PM
YES, I did it. RCR has messed something up again. Really all I was doing was adding new mentor ID badges in ftp--something I've done tons of times before and I was doing last night too--with no issues. I had to go to bed before I got them in all the themes, so continued this afternoon.

Now most of the menu is gone and the buttons to do things like post are unlabeled. If anyone is wondering I think it's the first button at the top of a thread or post on the right side--I got it by just clicking on that one and hoping!
To submit it is the first rectangle button at the bottom left of the post typing box--preview is the 2nd (middle) button at the bottom right.

I can't get to admin functions--or don't know if that menu button is available without a label. Can't approve posts.
Oh and if you post, you may be confused. I just posted this basic message at the mod board first and after selecting the supposed submit button it took me to a page with the header and stuff, but nothing else. Ugh, did my pots disappear? Nope, fortunately, the forum menu button is still there as are the breadcrumb links at the top showing which board and thread you are in. I selected the board, it took me to a normal looking board (without those menu buttons) and showed the post I had just created. So we can post, it just feels weird.

Going now to the smf help board to post this problem.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#32: April 07, 2019, 04:41:23 PM
Are you guys able to see the menus? It might be specific to a certain theme, but I tried to look on another browser with my test account and it seemed the problem was there too...but I was unable to look up the theme since I couldn't get to the profile.

Technically it should only be the theme where I was uploading as I imagine a single action caused the problem--which should not have happened given what I was doing! I think I might have made some typo during the process.

But let me know if you can see everything without a problem.

#33: April 07, 2019, 04:49:58 PM
Not really. I can only see "MLC Home Blog Forum". The post button, etc. also do not show. There are three vertical bars where it used to be and each thread page number do not show, just a green small square, etc.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#34: April 07, 2019, 04:55:10 PM
Thanks. Too bad, but that does confirm my own experience. Thanks

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#35: April 07, 2019, 09:16:05 PM
/Themes/default was damaged, uploaded backup from 8-11-18, switched all users to Curve, damaged files are in /default.sav.  You have several variants of Curve MC, don't know which you were running, but they should be ok.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#36: April 07, 2019, 09:50:44 PM
/Themes/default was damaged, uploaded backup from 8-11-18, switched all users to Curve, damaged files are in /default.sav.  You have several variants of Curve MC, don't know which you were running, but they should be ok.

Well it at least makes sense that the problem was in themes since that was where I was uploading to wit ftp.

I was uploading the files and had also been looking at what was there with the idea of deleting those that aren't being used at all.
I redesigned the theme back in Aug/Sept and then set the original as the default since people were upset. I kept working on the theme and I think I have a design I like and to me it seems simple enough regarding the differences, but have been nervous to set it as the default since people were so upset last time. I had not yet done anything with the themes--removing or changing default. That was my next step when this happened.

#37: April 07, 2019, 10:10:02 PM

The theme seems similar, but the colours are too bright and shinny, as it has happened before. The colours before the problem were more matte. This ones make my eyes hurt and reading quite difficult. The font is also different, slimmer and the black is not as dark as before.

There are also different colours in several parts of the forum, fonts, buttons, etc. that were not there before and a few other layout issues.

The previous time something was done to lessen the brightness and have the font back to normal. 

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#38: April 08, 2019, 09:04:26 AM
This is default Curve theme, restored in the interest of damage control.  Custom themes share most files from Curve, if it's broken they all break.  Whichever custom theme you were running can probably be restored and will run correctly.

#39: April 08, 2019, 09:21:01 AM
I had the previous green theme, the not shinning one. Now the board has blue tones, still too bright and shinny and the tiny slim font. I don't see how to restore it back to the one I had. Where can I find it?

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.