Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Forum rebuild

M
Discussion Forum rebuild
#20: February 26, 2020, 02:56:11 PM
I also can't access anything. There is now way to follow threads I've posted on or to look for new threads. This afternoon I couldn't even see who the thread titles belonged to. Now I go on a thread and it takes me to a page I read yesterday, no way of getting updated places. This is very frustrating. It doesn't look or feel like HS. I can't even think what newbies are feeling like. Probably looking for another forum, I imagine.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Mentor
Re: Forum rebuild
#21: February 26, 2020, 04:18:39 PM
Milly, if you go into your profile you can change it to the way it looked before.

I can change my theme by going to the little orange lines box at the top left, clicking on it and selecting profile. Then, above my profile is a second set of orange lines box and clicking on that has look and layout. Click on Look and Layout, and I had choices for themes. It says "change" next to the theme you have.  Click that hyperlink. Curve Multi Color is the old layout.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

S
  • Administrator
#22: February 26, 2020, 05:20:22 PM
I've changed Milly back to Curve Multi Color.

Thought I had responded to these before I went out -

I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function dl()

This only happens in Ursa's profile, not in mine or several others I checked.  Load Forum Profile page and save, throws error whether you make any changes or not.  Doesn't happen in clone I'm running on different server, same host.  There's no function dl() in core function list, will have to do some digging to find the call.

Bug : Spellcheck takes me to a blank page.

Spellcheck hasn't worked for a while, it requires dictionary files that we were told cannot be installed on shared server.  Will check with new host, but I think answer will be the same.  No big deal, I kan spel gud!

Bug: if editing your post, then you choose to go to full edit page, you lose your modification in the quick edit page.

That's how it works, text isn't carried from modify or quick reply to reply editor, you have to copy it over.

#23: February 26, 2020, 06:22:40 PM
I'd love to say nice job but my phone app was just fine before this "fixing". 

Now all threads are stacked partially on top of each other.

I can't see who the last poster was.

I can't go directly to the last post but have to page through.

Yes I know I can go in and mess around change some things, setting wise but if I were a new reader I simply wouldn't know that and wouldn't bother spending time to find out because it looks so messed up.  Actually, I haven't bothered to change anything so I can read and post because I just can't figure out why things are always improved yet cost me time and aggravation.

Lp
if people won’t listen to you, there’s no point in talking to people. If they won’t listen, you’re just banging your head against a wall.

Sadly Ive used up all the time I had allotted to spend banging my head on the wall

S
  • Administrator
#24: February 26, 2020, 06:31:27 PM
Do you know which theme you were using?  Curve Multi Color was the green default theme, it's not responsive and pretty much unuseable on phone.  We had a responsive mod installed at some point on default Curve (basically a blue theme), but it didn't work very well. 

S
  • Administrator
#25: February 26, 2020, 06:32:35 PM
Spellcheck hasn't worked for a while, it requires dictionary files that we were told cannot be installed on shared server.  Will check with new host, but I think answer will be the same.

Confirmed by host.

L
#26: February 26, 2020, 06:33:41 PM
I can change my theme by going to the little orange lines box at the top left, clicking on it and selecting profile. Then, above my profile is a second set of orange lines box and clicking on that has look and layout. Click on Look and Layout, and I had choices for themes. It says "change" next to the theme you have.  Click that hyperlink. Curve Multi Color is the old layout.

Thank you so much for this Offroad - I just changed mine back and it's SO much better. It was very hard to read on my phone with the new theme...

S
  • Administrator
#27: February 26, 2020, 07:04:54 PM
Don't know how you're seeing Curve Multi Color on a phone.  I don't use a phone, but in Firefox phone emulations it's displayed same as on pc, just very tiny.  Are you zooming it up?

S
  • Administrator
#28: February 26, 2020, 07:35:06 PM
I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function dl()

This is fixed.  For reasons unknown, some needed php modules were not selected and mime type check on avatars was not working.  It affected all members.  Crocweb support reset to default and we're good.

M
#29: February 27, 2020, 12:18:20 AM
It's much better today for me too, thank you. Almost normal, just the page numbers go backwards for me anyway. If I go to the next page, it's actually the previous page. Is it possible to run the numbers so page 1 is the first and not the latest?
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.