Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Womens Winter Workshop...

k
Off-Topic Re: Womens Winter Workshop...
#10: October 26, 2013, 12:49:14 AM
What a great thread idea InIt. 

How about ensuring there is a good supply of bottled water and basic food items in the house in case of emergencies.

R

R

Re: Womens Winter Workshop...
#11: October 26, 2013, 12:49:33 AM
From what I understand, it's due to hit the UK overnight on Sunday night, but I do think, In It, it's probably a case of worst case scenario, as you say, so no one can say we weren't told!!  There was a storm about 20 odd years ago that no one failed to predict, so since then, it seems they've gone the other way!  In comparison with other countries, our weather isn't very extreme - we are just not very good, in the UK, of coping with anything out of the ordinary - the whole country grinds to a halt with a sprinkle of snow!!!

We are fine for heating - we have gas central heating, but do have intermittent electricity problems anyway, so envisage that or structural damage would be the main issues.

xxx

#12: October 26, 2013, 01:12:49 AM
Water is important and the suggestions you made are great also Klkki! Just be safe Clarebear..OK?
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

#13: October 31, 2013, 11:43:41 AM
Hi there!  I suggest that all the ladies and gents check out the smoke alarms in their abode, and if you have not replaced them in years, as in my case, then you might want to think about replacing them.  Mine have gone off 3 times in 5 months!!  :o  I changed the batteries with fresh ones the first 2 times!  I was reminded this morning by Mr. CT that we had replaced the alarms when we moved into this house.  So I am going to go ahead and replace them all.  You can go to the home improvement stores and they usually sell the alarms in sets of 5 or 6, can't remember, and individually as well.  You also might check with the large discount stores too. 

If you don't need to replace your alarms, think about replacing the batteries on New Year's Day!  Makes it easy to remember when to change the batteries!!  ;D

I hope this helps!

CT   8) 
"I am a woman who only asked that I be treated fairly and with respect."
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
"Its hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want." – Unknown

S
#14: October 31, 2013, 11:57:23 AM
CT - good idea.  I am guilty of that, for sure.

Here, they always suggest checking them when the clocks change, so twice a year.  I always remember to do it, I just don't do it :o  Ours always beep when the battery is running low, but I shouldn't depend on that, and I know better ::).

As well, Carbon Monoxide detectors are a must. 

Keep being fabulous!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

#15: October 31, 2013, 12:03:25 PM
Small fire extinguishers next to fireplaces, wood stoves and any other heat source is an idea also.
Also have the chimney cleaned... :)

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.

V
#16: October 31, 2013, 01:49:04 PM
What a great idea!
My crazy H ran off with the tools & the torches and they were the first things I replaced back in the house.  Already the torches have come in handy when I've had a few powercuts.  I keep one downstairs and one by my bedside just in case of powercut in the night.  I also have a rolling pin under the bed....need I say more!   :)  :)

Love & Light xx
Venus

There is always room in your life for thinking bigger, pushing limits and imagining the impossible.

R

R

#17: October 31, 2013, 02:06:02 PM
Oh great way to remember things, to do it on New Year's Day - I like it CT!!  I am guilty of waiting for the beeping in the battery - we have 3 in our house, and only 1 replacement battery - they had better not all go down at once or I had better buy two more replacement batteries!!

There are a few bits that my stepdad is sorting on my car on Sunday - when I know what they are (he he I have no idea!!),  I'll report back  ;D

xxx

#18: November 01, 2013, 01:46:43 AM
Oh great way to remember things, to do it on New Year's Day - I like it CT!!  I am guilty of waiting for the beeping in the battery - we have 3 in our house, and only 1 replacement battery - they had better not all go down at once or I had better buy two more replacement batteries!!

An extra amount of batteries is a good idea also. Watch for sales. Whatever cell size you may need.

Don't forget snow scrapers for your cars. I think blankets, warmer clothes, etc have already been mentioned.

Make sure cell phones have a charge if you are leaving to go for the day.

If it can be afforded a membership in triple A can be very helpful, costs less than a couple of tows.

I'm not sure what their list of services is but I think they'll help you get into an accidentally locked car, jump start your car etc.

If someone asks what you'd like for Christmas? Makes a great gift. NO one wants to be stranded with small children or possibly by themselves with no help on a winter road.

L
  • LBS2013(LoveByStanding)
    • MLC articles
#19: November 01, 2013, 02:19:28 AM

Don't forget to turns off the water connection to all the garden taps.

Two weeks ago I received an email from my MLcer saying that now that winter is setting in
I need to close the connection to the garden taps.
Last year H forgot to do it....busy with OW ....as a result the water in them froze and the pipes burst.
Had to get them repaired.
MLC articles:-

MLC,PD OR MORE(Blog Topic)
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=3987.0

NARCISSISM & MLC
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=3917.0

My story:-
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=3747.0

BD nov 2012
H 55 M 54
Married 25yrs

Initially : I don't want her and I don't want you.
PA with alienator 21 yrs younger mar 2012
OW came and took him Jan 2013
To find out if the grass is greener one must take risks.
I did'nt want this but after what I've done i will have to go.
I think I love her and I'm unsure about you.
If you love me you will have to let me go...I'll come back when I am old.
I want to have fun ..I can't live another 15 yrs with you.
WHY,WHY...asks himself.
When we both calm down we will talk...

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.