Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story standing on my own two feet

• Mentor
My Story Re: Home sweet home
#120: April 26, 2017, 05:56:26 PM
OMG blackice , I have been thinking about you a lot lately.  Wondering how you are doing.

Please update when you can.   :)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

b
Re: Home sweet home
#121: April 26, 2017, 06:02:21 PM
Wow, congrats BI!  We were sort of in the same "class", if I remember correctly.  Hope things continue to go well, so happy for you!
I'm not looking for my other half because I'm not half a person.

S
  • Mentor
Re: Home sweet home
#122: April 26, 2017, 06:12:49 PM
Wow Blackice, details please of HOW he came home.

You will need a lot of strength for this.  I think we are on a similar timeline.  I used to post on your thread often.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
Re: standing on my own two feet
#123: April 26, 2017, 07:22:43 PM
I went dormant and didnt want to talk bc I was afraid none of this was ever going to happen. We'd been trying since last October to get him home and every time something stopped it so we both stopped trying. He was going to finish his probation out and then return in June. Until then it was a waiting game. We kept talking, he kept detaching from OW. They didnt even sleep in the same room and he avoided being home for as long as he could to stay away from her. She became even more abusive and controlling. Then she wanted another baby so she could go on welfare cause she doesnt want to work but she also would sabotage all Hs jobs so he wasnt even making a living wage. Lie to him for money for bills and then spend it on going out with her friends.

So anyway, he detached. He talks to her grandmother easter weekend and lets her know the entire truth of everything. Grandma thinks OW is a moron. Grandma drops the bomb on OW in front of the entire family Easter Sunday. OW tells H to leave and she doesnt come home for three days. H in meantime calls po gets his transfer approved and im out there getting him and he packs up and leaves. All the while OW is still pretending to her mom, who they live with, that nothing happened and didnt bother to tell her that they broke up even though she told H she had told her mom. her mom tries to get him to come back but we were half way out of state and he told her to shove it it was done and to leave him alone. No contact since last thursday afternoon.

We are now home. He's relieved but sad and angry. Theres a lot of emotions. He is being very honest and very transparent. Letting me know that yeah he did have feelings but not anymore for OW because he knows it was all a lie and not real. He's filing for an anulment and a restraining order. Its weird bc ive been on my own for so long but he's already been a huge help and the kids are happy to see him. Just have to get to know each other again cause we have both changed. So i will post more since I have hit a new milestone in all this madness. Im happy but apprehensive. I want it tonwork. I waited this long for this and I want it to work. So lets see how this goes.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
secret trip with OW June 2014
moved out to live with OW July 2014
left state with ow to go to treatment Nov 2014
Ow gave birth to OC June 2015
h is on probation back here at home
H married ow dec 2015 while still being legally married to me
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA
still says he loves me but he has to grow as a person

S
  • Mentor
#124: April 26, 2017, 08:10:01 PM
Wow Blackice, such good news.  What a turn-around from the man who left you!!

I always thought he had the potential to come home but you need to be really steady during this time and be good to yourself.  Remember how you are a different person now and really don't need him so don't put up with too much nonsense,  I can only suppose you are a mix of happy/wary thoughts right now.

Please keep posting, this will be a good place to vent while you are reconnecting.

(((((((((Hugs))))))))
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• Mentor
#125: April 27, 2017, 05:25:00 AM
I just hope to God he is finally done with all that craziness.

I'm sure it will take him time to calm down and feel comfortable again.
Give it lots of time, BI.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

#126: April 27, 2017, 09:11:49 AM
I will. No rushing. This is a time to heal and see what happens.

Its funny i remember reading somewhere they follow us on our journey just slower. He did the exact same steps I did to save myself from his crazy to get away from ow.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

• Administrator
#127: April 27, 2017, 10:25:41 AM
Blackice

Just be aware the crisis is not over it is just past the beginning at this time.

Keep your boundaries in place - you are doing fine.

P
#128: April 27, 2017, 10:59:40 AM
Hi BI,
So good to hear from you. I was also thinking about you the other day, OK I admit maybe a little bit more about what your "crazy one" was doing now!  ;)

I agree with Old Pilot and once again it's so nice to have you back.

Hugs

#129: April 27, 2017, 12:02:22 PM
Definitely have my boundaries in place. I do appreciate his complete honesty right now. Still its only been a week. He has been cleaning like crazy to stay busy and talking up a storm.

Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.