Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story My wife's MLC part 2

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
My Story My wife's MLC part 2
#40: January 11, 2021, 07:42:53 AM
Hello,

I'm doing ok thanks ,here in the UK we are back in lockdown again so the hobbies I'd started have stopped again, Gym and Golf , I'm just taking it easy and relaxing.

It's good to take a moment and relax and take it easy. Just as long as you are focused on your healing and regaining your sense of control in a senseless situation.

Keep posting,

((((Ready))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
My wife's MLC part 2
#41: January 12, 2021, 04:11:25 AM
John,

Trying to make sense of what a Mid-Lifer is doing at any point in time is like trying to taste green with your elbow....

She may be trying to alleviate her guilt by being "friends."
She may be anchor checking to see if you are still where she left you (safe on the porch in a pile of goopy Kleenexes in a rocking chair crocheting lace doilies and waiting for her to return)
She may simply be chattering away for lack of anything else pressing
She may simply be bored and not have anyone else that she can spontaneously reach out to.... 

There is NO way to know what is going on in the fog....

So.... Like Ready said, it's all good so long as you are focused on your own healing and regaining your sense of control over the one thing you really have control over - yourself, your emotional health, and your own life.....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

J
My wife's MLC part 2
#42: January 13, 2021, 11:44:32 AM
My W wanted to get in touch by phone about, passwords I'd left on an iPad I'd given her, so we had a chat about all sorts , she told me what her world was like these days , no mention of the OM ,she was all friendly and asking about what I'm up to an hour phone call .She gave the impression she's a bit lonely .

• Mentor
My wife's MLC part 2
#43: January 14, 2021, 08:07:47 AM
Hello,

First of all, you are doing great. You didn't get sucked into a relationship talk, but you listened and were friendly, but not friends. I am sorry that she is lonely, but that was a choice she made and their are consequences to choices.

Note it as a positive, but don't put too much faith into anything she says. As I have stated before and will state again, take care of yourself and keep a positive attitude on what you can control.

((((Ready))))

J
My wife's MLC part 2
#44: February 14, 2021, 12:38:26 PM
I've properly reached detachment

It's not something you can make a decision to do in mental cut off . I've found that memories that are painful at first seem to ease and one by one they get put in a box which is of your marriage and the grieving process moves on
Your future starts to come into focus for the first time , the burden of pain becomes manageable and your mental  strength returns with added strength.

• Mentor
My wife's MLC part 2
#45: February 14, 2021, 01:11:01 PM
I am so glad for you, JohnT. It's not an easy process and comes with time. How are you doing in general?
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

J
My wife's MLC part 2
#46: February 14, 2021, 02:48:39 PM
I'm feeling much better now and am coping well with the separation,and no longer feel it's the end of the world .
Every one says detach it can't just be done it builds slowly like everything in this process it's time .

My wife's MLC part 2
#47: February 14, 2021, 06:26:55 PM
Get to hear JT  :D

Very difficult process detachment is. Congrats!!

Hope it's getting easier and more attention put on yourself.

Right on!

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

J
My wife's MLC part 2
#48: March 09, 2021, 04:41:52 AM
Starting to notice my improvements in me , swapped a heating radiator over today something I've never done before,  took my time firstly and did everything in a logical order put the new one on and it leaked slightly (My fault) instead of getting annoyed with myself I took it apart and resealed the leak and it worked. A sense of achievement.

A side note my mlc w is getting in contact about all sorts of things , she phoned me in a panic thinking she'd upset me with a comment  which she hadn't, I could hear the panic and fear in her voice . I'm just detaching from her and letting her find her own path . I always answer her , I won't ask about us . She tried to fix a plumbing problem at her place, after a few attempts I offered  to help

• Mentor
My wife's MLC part 2
#49: March 09, 2021, 05:09:25 AM
Hello,

swapped a heating radiator over today something I've never done before,

Great job, I learned to make minor repairs on my car. I replaced my brakes and started changing my own oil. It is a great sense of accomplishment when everything comes together.  Even when things don't go right. The other day, I was replacing the rotors to my car and stripped one of the screws holding the rotor. However, I used my friend Youtube and a trip to home depot and got the little monster out. Once again, great feeling as I saw that screw come out.

A side note my mlc w is getting in contact about all sorts of things , she phoned me in a panic thinking she'd upset me with a comment  which she hadn't, I could hear the panic and fear in her voice .

Yes, she is panicking because you are no longer jumping at her whims. Fear is beginning to set in when the reality is that you were not the source of all her issues. That there is something else at play. Her issue is all about questioning who she is and her sense of self. It's like my house, its getting old and needs work. A person can either put the time in and repair the house, add some paint, build a new door, and slowly but surely move forward. The MLCer decides to raze the entire house and start from scratch.

Both work, but which one is harder?

Keep posting and I am glad to hear from you,

((((Ready)))))

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.