Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story In a Little More Than Four Months.....

K
My Story In a Little More Than Four Months.....
#60: February 09, 2024, 10:51:12 AM

I have my sad moments. Last night after therapy, I was a mess. She supposes my wife simply fell out of love. Which I guess happens, but why all the nasty, cold, mean, often immature, actions, thoughts, words and texts? Why the flip-flopping on feelings? Or any of the other antics?

And I would almost prefer it to be MLC- the result is basically the same but at least I am loveable :)

No disrespect your therapist, but on basis does she make her suppositions? Isn't she better placed to support you and your feelings. Is she listening hard enough? I am often tired after therapy, but rarely a mess. My therapist works hard to keep the focus on me (despite my best efforts to derail this  :) ) And it was really useful for me to hear her say 'what is true, is that you are suffering from the actions of a traumatised man' - she doesn't let him off the hook or allow me to make any excuses for him (which I haven't done for a long ol while now), but she does listen to what has happened and sees the crisis.

Well, I know you were fishing and maybe UM will throw in an appropriate gif, but of course you are loveable. You were loved by your W for all those years, and I expect by many around you. You are the one showing up with compassion and a desire to understand. If you love, you are loveable.

Keep soldiering on (Liverpool has enough cash for another great player  8) )

m
  • Trial Subscriber
In a Little More Than Four Months.....
#61: February 09, 2024, 12:53:47 PM
Hi KayDee....

He is not a player but a very charismatic, intelligent coach. But yes you are correct either way!!

I cannot blame my mess all on her, but yes she wasn't on her game last night. She is a little forgetful and I do nudge her on occasion. She truly hopes I never hear from my wife again and has been appalled by my descriptions of her past behaviour and reasons for divorce.

Thank you for your care. I'd like to think someone out there, IRL, would find me a nice person. I do try. And yes, I have flaws.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#62: February 10, 2024, 10:22:57 AM
To journal....

Onto a new high today. Woke up and had a nice lay-in this morning. The first Saturday I have not gone to work in a while, so I decided to treat myself to extra bed time with the now world's most famous cat.

From there I did some heavy cleaning and laundry. I have forgone my meetup in Learning French to devote time Saturdays to cleaning. (Geist- take note- this from Treasur (paraphrase)- cleaning and scrubbing are terrific releases of negative energy.)

I love the feeling of my clean apartment and the pain of losing my house is slowly dissipating. Sets up my favorite thing about Sundays- having a day of rest at home with maybe some wine and definitely something in the oven or on the stove for hours creating such a beautiful warm feeling inside. Used to love this with my wife and again, that pain is slowly dissipating.

I love her. I miss her. But today I am not letting that hurt. Instead I am trying to focus on how great of a person I feel knowing that after all the pain and destruction she has caused that I can and do love her. That's the true difference. She has decided to focus on those negative things about me- some very real and others perceived or from so long ago it doesn't make any sense anymore, while I focus on her beautiful qualities.

One such- last year at this time my Eagles were in the Super Bowl and lost. (I am disliking American football more by the day- too many commercials and not enough actual playing). Anyway, she was more upset for me that they lost than I was. She bought me a few things to cheer me up in the weeks following. Very strange for a person who now claims she was wanting divorce for a while now.....

Trying on the positives today to see how they fit. So far, so good. Highly recommend this for everyone.

But then those here that know me best know the downs are on the way.....but I choose not to see them today. Maybe later this week or next.....:)

Hoping you all are as well as can be during all of this.......

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#63: February 11, 2024, 09:30:10 AM
Hello,

She supposes my wife simply fell out of love.

There is a truth to the statement. However, she didn't fall out of love with you, she fell out of love with herself.

You never know what is going through another person's mind or feelings at any given moment. Having been on this planet for many years, I have begun to realize we all are close to the edge and all it takes are a few chemical imbalances and traumatic events to trigger our own crisis.

Think how all of this has impacted you and your world. Feeling as if you are not worthy of love. Been there too and the feeling is really awful. Just remind yourself that this is not about you. Your job is to recover and move forward. Trust me, there are lot of people out there and you will find another, but don't rush. Take this time to heal and as you clean, focus on your positives.

One such- last year at this time my Eagles were in the Super Bowl and lost.

Yes, they lost, but they played a great game. I am a diehard Broncos fan since I was twelve and learned all about football listening to the radio as the Broncos went to their first Super Bowl in 1978. They played terrible and proceeded to play three more Super Bowls losing each one in even more horrible fashion. It wasn't until 1998 that they finally delivered a Super Bowl win. Now the team is in complete disfunction and can't even make it to the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl. However, I am still a fan and will be looking forward to another year of misery.

But then those here that know me best know the downs are on the way.....but I choose not to see them today. Maybe later this week or next.....:)

We all will have our downs. It's one thing to feel as if you will be down forever, or you can work to create a win for you to pull yourself out of a down period.

Have an awesome day,

(((Ready)))

"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#64: February 12, 2024, 03:48:38 AM

Yes, they lost, but they played a great game. I am a diehard Broncos fan since I was twelve and learned all about football listening to the radio as the Broncos went to their first Super Bowl in 1978. They played terrible and proceeded to play three more Super Bowls losing each one in even more horrible fashion. It wasn't until 1998 that they finally delivered a Super Bowl win. Now the team is in complete disfunction and can't even make it to the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl. However, I am still a fan and will be looking forward to another year of misery.

(((Ready)))

I knew there was something I liked about you!

I was in the High School Marching Band that played at the half-time show in Mile High for the AFC Playoff game between the Broncos and the Raiders in 1980.......
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#65: February 12, 2024, 05:03:46 AM
Six month anniversary of bomb drop today. What a ride this has been. Its finally, seemingly calming down externally....internally it comes and goes.

I really have the urge to be childish and rip into her today, congratulating her on her swift obliteration, udder destruction of everything I held dear. But I know it will only come back to hurt me worse. Very unfair.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#66: February 12, 2024, 06:43:03 AM
I really have the urge to be childish and rip into her today, congratulating her on her swift obliteration, udder destruction of everything I held dear.

But I know it will only come back to hurt me worse. Very unfair.
Just like this guy.....

Don't poke the Monster....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

J
#67: February 12, 2024, 07:54:20 AM
Having been on this planet for many years, I have begun to realize we all are close to the edge...

Grandmaster Flash is now inspiring my Monday, so thanks for that.

JB
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#68: February 14, 2024, 08:55:43 AM
So a new update from how this world turns....

I have been receiving a tom of calls on my cell the last two days from unknown numbers and a text addressed to my ex wife. Apparently she is trying to buy real estate (presumable with the proceeds from my house). I finally had enough, created a new bank account and transferred my savings into it and texted her that my social security number had better not be involved with whatever she is doing.

She replied it better not be....whatever.

Then went on to ask if she can meet me at my work to give me the check for the sale of our assets and to exchange back up keys to our cars. I said in no uncertain terms do I want her at my work and to mail the stupid thing. Also told her that she needs to get my number off of her business dealings.

I went further to tell her that its bad enough she yelled at me plenty of times for setting everything aside so I could work and go back to college to provide a better future and cited that as a reason for divorce and now she is reaping the benefits of it so get me off these dealings.

I also told her I did not deserve divorce but she already knew that. I know I shouldn't have contacted her and spewed but I could not resist it. I think I did things respectfully.

I will have to call the county next week to see where she is with whatever final filing she has to do to make sure this divorce gores thru. Sorry world... now back to your regularly scheduled programming!!

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#69: February 14, 2024, 09:15:08 AM
and a little more to be sorry about....guess it is just been built up so long....

she cannot understand why she has to mail the check, so I explained that her grandmother will not help me out, so I have no other choice. I told her (which is what she said to me after she MONSTERED big time on me) that I can be around her unless there is someone around to help me if she goes psycho. She is the psycho timebomb that is proud to have built a legacy on death and divorce.

After all that, she still says she cannot understand why she has to mail the check and will it get to me (I asked her to mail it to our old address as I will not give my new address)

Not sure why the constant question over and over but whatever. I am sorry to each of you for this. Not really the example I would like to be.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.