Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2

Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2
#90: December 02, 2019, 04:19:25 AM
Welcome to about day 4 of terrible connection problems, slow service, lost posts etc with no update as to what is going on. 
if people won’t listen to you, there’s no point in talking to people. If they won’t listen, you’re just banging your head against a wall.

Sadly Ive used up all the time I had allotted to spend banging my head on the wall

Re: Forum Problems 2
#91: December 02, 2019, 06:29:40 AM
This is the msg I keep getting:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Same. Very very slow.
Or doesn't load at all.
Or can't post. Or strangely posts when it says it can't.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#92: December 19, 2019, 02:44:09 PM
In the neighborhood, stopped in to see how's things.  Looks like forum isn't sending topic notifications.  You're logging a lot of errors again, over 800k in forum log for 30 days, lot of database errors.  Server log is almost 2.5 GB (yes, that's gigabytes).  Don't have anything that will open a file that size, I'll delete it and see what's currently being logged.  Will take a look at the database if my access is still good.

Can't get into cpanel, login info is ng.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:45:34 PM by Sir Osis »

S
  • Administrator
#93: December 19, 2019, 03:05:51 PM
RCR, sorry I missed this, am not receiving topic notifications.  Looks like more than a few things broke when you changed host package.  Would like to look at your database but don't have access.  Can you pm cpanel url/user/pw?

Can you tell us how to save as a draft?

I used to have a mod for saving unpublished posts, but I don't even see it in the package list anymore, but if it is a default feature, I guess it's not necesssary to have a mod anyway.

Not a core feature in 2.0.  There's a drafts mod, never used it -  https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1264.  Wouldn't install any mods until things are straightened out here.

I did switch packages with the host a few months ago--early Summer. Sort of the same host, but I think a different umbrella of the company.

Would help to know exactly what was done.

In my smf packages--mods--list all are listed as not installed, but they are and have been working

May be related to server move.  Not a good idea to install a mod that's already installed, can result in duplicate code that can cause problems.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 03:14:03 PM by Sir Osis »

• Mentor
#94: January 02, 2020, 01:42:00 PM
I think possibly the site has been down most of the day.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
#95: January 03, 2020, 05:10:31 PM
It's been out for a week down yonder  ;. I even confirmed that with downornot.com. said it had been down a least a week. Glad were all back!

• Administrator

S
  • Administrator
#97: January 04, 2020, 07:58:58 PM
Miserable Users mod is logging 8-10 errors per minute, keeping the server busy and slowing things down.  Should be uninstalled.

M
#98: January 17, 2020, 01:16:52 PM
Are others having an issue seeing their Sent messages?

S
  • Administrator
#99: January 17, 2020, 05:54:51 PM
You have to check the option in Profile -> Personal Messaging.  Default is unchecked, sent messages are not saved.  Don't know why it's like that, I'll change it for everyone so messages are saved.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.