Author Topic: Discussion What does Liminality Actually Look Like?  (Read 495 times)

Offline shopgirl

Discussion Re: What does Liminality Actually Look Like?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 12:37:12 PM »
Best description I have read is lawprofessor's posts about her friend J.
She was clear both about how awful it was for him and how important it was for her to say/do little but keep her own boundaries solid.

Hi Treasur,

Do you have a link to this?  I'm very curious!  Thanks!
M: 43
H: 42
Married: 20 yrs
D19 & S18
Discovered ow 19 months ago, had been going on for 8 months prior- at this point, I believe ow is gone.
Was in replay for 32 months (approx)
Lived at home until 11 months ago- now lives in his office and sleeps in a sleeping bag.  Has moved back in & out 3 times, is showing the desire to be with me & the kids as a family, just not strong enough to do it yet.
Depression & Withdrawal are evident and come & go.  When they aren't as heavy, he is in continuous contact with me, when they engulf him, he is a hermit and talks to no-one.  I've seen a pattern on 4 days "on", 4 days "off"... He has been consistent in this for a little over two months.

Offline EnoughTopic starter

Re: What does Liminality Actually Look Like?
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 06:07:54 AM »
Hi Shopgirl-- I was curious as well-- you can find her posts by going to the Members link at the top and searching for the name lawprofessor, no space, then click on her posts-- the name of her thread that I started reading was "Law Professor's First Year since BD or God has a Wicked Sense of Humor."  This woman is an absolute ROCK STAR.  She has been through the ringer and then some, and I have only read a very small part of her posts.  She has 2 MLCers-- one is her husband and I about fell out of my chair reading that one, and the one that is mentioned about being a good example of actual liminality is "J" her childhood friend that she has watched and supported during his MLC-- I am only one thread in and I am floored.  lawprofessor-- you are a strong woman and I absolutely admire you courage and tenacity.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:17:16 AM by Enough »

Offline shopgirl

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 09:06:54 AM »
Thank you, Enough!  I’ll look her up!
M: 43
H: 42
Married: 20 yrs
D19 & S18
Discovered ow 19 months ago, had been going on for 8 months prior- at this point, I believe ow is gone.
Was in replay for 32 months (approx)
Lived at home until 11 months ago- now lives in his office and sleeps in a sleeping bag.  Has moved back in & out 3 times, is showing the desire to be with me & the kids as a family, just not strong enough to do it yet.
Depression & Withdrawal are evident and come & go.  When they aren't as heavy, he is in continuous contact with me, when they engulf him, he is a hermit and talks to no-one.  I've seen a pattern on 4 days "on", 4 days "off"... He has been consistent in this for a little over two months.

Offline Keep believing

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 02:32:13 AM »
I still can't find it   would you mind linking the thread only with her description of liminality    thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk