Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story 4 Years and counting !

e
My Story Re: 4 Years and counting !
#40: June 26, 2020, 10:42:10 AM
HI init

Im not saying anything to him. Im glad he ackwolegdes the pain he caused back then, he seemed remorseful in his message, But that event happened 27 years ago. Unfortunately he has done many bad things since then. Hopefully for his kids he is working on him self.

kiT
Im sure he is trying to get me to say thats ok, I forgive you. I don't forgive him. I learned to live with it. It is something that still bothers me to this day. Maybe he feels bad. nice of him to join the party as I have been living with this for years. He is changing for sure, no Monster and he has admitted to my daughter that he has made at lot of mistakes. But that monster can show up at anytime.

4 Years and counting !
#41: June 26, 2020, 11:01:34 AM
It does occur to me em that, if his processing and remorse are genuine, if he is just at the 27 years ago mark now it might take him quite a while to get to more recent transgressions  ::).....like watching paint dry  ::)....makes complete sense to shrug and leave him to it imho  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

e
Re: 4 Years and counting !
#42: June 26, 2020, 11:07:55 AM
Treasure do you think he is working his way up the years of his life. Maybe that’s why he isn’t acting like a teenager. Interesting

#43: June 26, 2020, 11:23:38 AM
Treasure do you think he is working his way up the years of his life. Maybe that’s why he isn’t acting like a teenager. Interesting

I've heard stories here that suggest they might. I think RCR might mention the idea somewhere actually. That basically in crisis they subconsciously regress to a point in time of whatever most wounded them and subconsciously recreate patterns in an effort to deal with whatever that was about. In fact, my first trauma IC, based on a short potted history of my then h, said that I would most likely see him behaving like an angry abandoned 15 year old which was pretty close to what happened....no idea if he has made it into his 20s by now lol
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

e
#44: June 26, 2020, 01:06:46 PM
That is very interesting. I didn’t know that. We had been married for 5 years if thats where he is now. Hopefully yours is in his 20s. Lol. Ex had all his childhood issues way before that. Maybe he already worked through it. But I’m sure the last 5 years will be a doozy for him. Lol

e
#45: June 27, 2020, 10:35:20 AM
I mentioned to my older daughter that my car was having some issue, and she recommend a mechanic. He fixed my car and when I went to pay he said the bill has already been paid. My ex called before I got there and told them to bill his credit card. Shocking !

G
4 Years and counting !
#46: June 27, 2020, 10:56:25 AM
I am so glad to hear that.  I’m like you, skeptical of everything the MLCer does, but am so glad he did that for you.  I tend to get anxious about my future and sometimes my thoughts run ahead of me.  I just finished a devotional which told me to just be grateful for this moment and see the blessing in the present day and instead of worrying what tomorrow brings.  So grateful for your blessing today.  Who knows what tomorrow holds but we can be thankful for today. 

4 Years and counting !
#47: June 27, 2020, 12:14:55 PM
Em

:o :o :o
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

e
#48: June 27, 2020, 02:21:54 PM
At first I thought who is he to know what im doing and pay my bills. But then I seen the amount and said ok.

Gracie I am skeptical as he has been around a lot and trying to do descent things. My thoughts used to be all over the place as well. I could not stop thinking about all of this and it got better as I do think of it but just in a different way now. You are right we never know what tomorrow brings as I never lived in the present until all of this and now I am grateful for every day I have

4 Years and counting !
#49: June 27, 2020, 02:28:16 PM
Hmm...for some reason the phrase about Greeks bearing gifts springs to mind, em  ::)
Ah well, if your xh has expectations, that is his problem. If you are content to see it as a small recompense for what I imagine is a large amount of financial obligations he previously failed to meet lol....no problem for you  :)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.