Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story His MLC and my journey

My Story His MLC and my journey
#100: March 10, 2023, 04:25:06 AM
You sound happy, Kell, and that’s nice....we all need a little more happiness going around  :)

At the risk of raining on your parade, what is your POV about getting legally remarried again? I can see why your xh might want to do that and I can see why you might feel that he is showing you the kind of behaviour that allows you to trust him again or consider moving to be together. At the same time, I presume a lot of things were legally and financially disentangled when you gave him the divorce he wanted.....what are the risks and benefits to you of recreating them by remarrying? What does marriage mean to you now? And more importantly perhaps, what do you think it means to your xh now that it did not before? None of us want to think that, having survived this, it could happen again....and I sincerely hope it does not....but it does happen sometimes here with (relatively) early reconciliations.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

M
His MLC and my journey
#101: March 10, 2023, 06:30:36 AM
Great update KB. Sounds like you both are taking cautionary steps on reconciliation and with a early returner that is crucial. I wish I had known better I believe my story would have been different. Wishing you continued connection and hope you pop in every once in a while and continue to share the good and the bad so we can continue to follow your journey
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

• Mentor
His MLC and my journey
#102: March 10, 2023, 10:59:02 AM
Wonderful
Update KB and good for you that you are open to the possibilities ahead.

A good friend from HS was divorced and after 7 years they came together again and remarried a couple of years ago. Life is really good for them so it sounds like he had made it through as sone do.

I wish you the best in life together
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

t
His MLC and my journey
#103: March 10, 2023, 11:15:07 AM
What a fantastic story Kell!  So glad you came here to update as I have been wondering about you and H.  You sound happy and things seem to be going so well.  Please update from time to time. 
B
xo

K
His MLC and my journey
#104: March 10, 2023, 07:09:35 PM
My pov on marriage is fluid at the moment. On one hand I love him and would love to be his wife, but what does that mean? It's not security or assurance that he's not going to leave again. I don't know. I like dating him right now. But I also miss him and us being together. I'm afraid we'll fall into old habits and patterns when we move in together. I mean we've made plans and talked about how to avoid that, but I think it will always be a genuine fear. Financially I'd be better off if we remarried. I got a sweet deal when we divorced but since then, he's inherited monies and company stocks are worth more. So he's risking a lot by wanting to marry me again. Hard to say.

As for the timeline...I know they have a "timeline" for MLC. But no one's story is the same. No spouse is the same. Some wake up real quick and some take more time. Some have no interest in ever fixing themselves and will never wake up. I have no explanation as to why that is. I know that I realized early on that I wanted my husband but never needed him. And although it hurts like hell to be rejected...I'm not going to be with someone who doesn't want me. Which leads to the question or concern of reentering the fog.I fully accept that he may relapse at some point. However at this moment, he is going through the steps. He's working on himself and us. It's worth the risk for me. I'm not going to NOT try because he hasn't tunneled for x amount of time. He's realized where his insecurities stem from, he's processing childhood trauma and seeking help for addictions. He's making amends and changing past behaviors. We're more communicative. So I'm going to give him a chance. Give us a chance. And if he goes back into the fog a few years down the road...then I will realize it is what it is. And know that I'd be ok without him. I'm capable and strong and independent and have really found myself through this whole journey. I'm not the same person he left 2 years ago. I have better tools and strength. And even though it would hurt to be rejected again...I can't NOT try. I need to give him a chance to be better and be the husband and father he's trying to be. You can't grow if you're never given the opportunity. I love him and so I'll give him that.

YOU keep interrupting his crisis. YOU keep him distracted with all your questions, statements and observations. YOU keep him from facing himself, from feeling the pain of missing his family (until he is ready to do something about it...or not ). YOU are keeping him from fully feeling and facing the man he is.  Leave him 100% to his own devices and crisis ...100% shut it all down.  Bow out...its not about you! I sometimes feel they have stranded themselves on some deserted island. They have done that to themselves as a result of their own actions, choices, behaviors. They need to figure out how to get off the island...the messy painful island they put themselves on. Stop taking him fresh water, food, homemade baking, clean clothes etc....why would he try to make himself better?

• Mentor
His MLC and my journey
#105: March 10, 2023, 07:41:14 PM
I don’t think we can live our life “ worried” that it might happen again. “If it does” you will deal with it but there is a good chance that it will not.

As you have said, every situation is different. It sounds to me that he really does want you in his life and you love him so there is nothing that needs to be explained. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 07:42:57 PM by xyzcf »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
His MLC and my journey
#106: March 13, 2023, 01:24:43 AM
"Timelines" are a fictitious way of assigning a duration to the unknown. It is like saying all children walk at one and talk at two.... Except that is not necessarily the case. Each person is different.

What strikes me is that your MLCxH is, from what I can gather over here in the cheap seats, doing the work needed to figure out what it is/was that drove him over the edge of the cliff in the first place and that, in and of itself, is a powerful indicator. Those that are on the Wash, Rinse, Spin, Repeat cycle usually do not go down that road of taking responsibility for their actions, finding out what it was internally that caused them to loose their stuff, doing the hard work of changing the patterns they have become accustomed to....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

W

WHY

His MLC and my journey
#107: March 13, 2023, 08:21:13 AM
Kell Ive been following your story for a long time.  You're an inspiration to us all.  On behalf of HS, we are VERY happy for you!

I think there's a lot to be learned here.  Look at Kell's signature and the message she brings to the table.  Every day that goes by, I become more of a believer in fully letting them go as soon as feasibly possible. 

Well done Kell.  Well done. 

K
His MLC and my journey
#108: June 12, 2023, 05:40:43 PM
Hey hey- just here to check in. Xh and I are still doing great. After a year of long distance, counseling and hard work, we’re moving back in together next month. It’s been 2 years since we’ve lived together. Such a weird feeling of being together but not like it was. We’ve been through so much. But honestly I feel like I’ve survived the worst case. And if that’s it (don’t get me wrong- it really sucked) then absolutely I’ll try again with him. We’re getting remarried in September!

Adults kids and him are still working on their individual relationships. It’s tricky and a slow process.

Anyway- I’m catching up on other’s stories. My head still spins at how crazy this all is. The support and advice from this community got me through dark times and validated me when I needed it most. You’re such good people. Much love
YOU keep interrupting his crisis. YOU keep him distracted with all your questions, statements and observations. YOU keep him from facing himself, from feeling the pain of missing his family (until he is ready to do something about it...or not ). YOU are keeping him from fully feeling and facing the man he is.  Leave him 100% to his own devices and crisis ...100% shut it all down.  Bow out...its not about you! I sometimes feel they have stranded themselves on some deserted island. They have done that to themselves as a result of their own actions, choices, behaviors. They need to figure out how to get off the island...the messy painful island they put themselves on. Stop taking him fresh water, food, homemade baking, clean clothes etc....why would he try to make himself better?

z
His MLC and my journey
#109: June 12, 2023, 06:46:44 PM
Fantastic to hear! Congratulations to the both of you, and good luck with the future relationship. It must be a familiar and brand-new feeling all at once.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.