Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story 10 years coming up

  • *****
  • Hero Member
  • Posts: 701
  • Gender: Female
My Story 10 years coming up
#60: Today at 03:15:53 AM
Tmt I‘m praying for you. I hope the pain will subside and you get to recover from the surgery. It’s crazy that you have to do the IV yourself. i have never heard of this. Normally, doctors have to do the IV. One step at a time TMT. Thinking of you.
  • Logged
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

  • *
  • Mentor
  • Hero Member
  • Posts: 12456
  • Gender: Female
10 years coming up
#61: Today at 05:47:20 AM
Such a lot for you to deal with. Post surgery, ileostomy care, diagnosis and a pic line. My husband had a pic line used to draw bloods, administer chemo and deliver total parental nutrition every day for 12 hours. The main thing is the need to make sure the line is kept sterile. Even being a nurse, I was intimidated at first by the care of his pic line, but it became pretty routine overtime.

They sent you home rather quickly. Did they provide any home care nursing services for you? Was anyone else trained to take care of your ileostomy and pic line? Can you request some help?

The chemo might have some side effects although they have great drugs to combat the side effects ...but you still might be tired.

You have support from us but we are not physically there to help.

Sending suggestions just because I feel totally useless to do anything else.  There might be some help available from the Cancer Society.

I love your positive attitude..making your own bed and food and feeling good about that.....each day post op, you should feel better.

Thank you for keeping us imformed. Also saying prayers for you.
  • Logged
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

  • *
  • MLCer Type: Vanisher
  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 84
  • Gender: Male
10 years coming up
#62: Today at 07:52:32 AM
I don't know what to say. I can imagine it is overwhelming, at least that's how I feel thinking about it. My mom had cancer growing up and I remember how tired she was on those chemo days. I hope you're able to rest.
  • Logged
It's just this, for a while.

 

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.