Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Help Please 5

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
My Story Help Please 5
#120: June 12, 2024, 04:09:03 AM
That amount of money for one day turns my stomach.
I’m sorry, Helpnewc, I know this has been so hard.

But I hope hearing this was validating for you:

The girls said they want more time with their dad.

“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

You can either be consumed or forged. It’s up to you; the fire doesn’t care either way.

H
Help Please 5
#121: June 12, 2024, 01:39:19 PM
Yes, it was.

And then to complete the circle of madness. I have been asked to have the girls 7 nights this fortnight which was the very proposal rejected the same day at Mediation.

Just get on with it.

Help Please 5
#122: June 13, 2024, 03:18:20 AM
Out of interest - bc I presume there’s good reason for it - why are you not insisting on 50/50 now you know your daughters’ preferences? Bc of course your stbxw’s ‘review’ is not worth the invisible paper it’s written on….
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

H
Help Please 5
#123: June 13, 2024, 04:55:40 AM
Hi Treasure,

I am insisting on 50/50 but the family court is slammed in Australia.

Unless there if family violence, it will take a year to get a hearing. And we had to have a mediation first which she kept stringing out.

We will file next week and get in the queue.

Help Please 5
#124: June 13, 2024, 07:29:35 AM
Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining - that must feel terribly unfair in the circumstances, I’m so sorry.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

F
  • Be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves
Help Please 5
#125: June 13, 2024, 07:40:40 AM
Quote from: Helpnewc
So today we had our child inclusive mediation. The girls said they want more time with their dad.

My ex then put an offer that we would review the situation in 12 months. Which really was not an offer at all.

$12000 for the day and just no sense.

We will file and hopefully in about 12 months some sense will prevail. The whole thing is very odd.

$12000 a day for that nonsense ? Yes it is crays nonsense, whether it be US§ or Australian § ! With this money you could have done a great vacation with your children, maybe a travel around the world ?
That shows us how this much this MLC can damage and waste ressources... Anyway what is more important, you are stronger, good for you and good for the daughters. Courage and faith my friend, you are doing well !
M 44, W43. Married 18 years, together 21
3 children D17, D15, S6
OM discovered Dec 22, BD Jan 23 (few days after)
W living at home 16 mths post BD, then keeps moving in & out "for work" in foreign country.
Aimer, c'est donner sans attendre de retour et tout acte est prière, s'il est don de soi (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)
Love means to give without expecting return, and every act is a prayer if it is a self-gift. (thanks OffRoad !)

J
Help Please 5
#126: June 14, 2024, 10:04:30 AM
Sorry to hear about that, Helpnewc. The whole thing is a huge waste of resources and memories. Strength to you as you proceed.

JB
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

H
Help Please 5
#127: June 14, 2024, 12:58:50 PM
Thanks all,

It’s just money and I am fortunate that I do well at making it.

The frustration is the constant effort to keep the status quo while accusing me of delay.

I settled the financial stuff in December. An agreement was sent in early January. It was half returned in May. At the mediation, I am accused of delay and I politely hit the roof.

It’s all shark eyes and secret boyfriends. It’s all I just want to be a good parent but I want to get drunk and be a twerp.

I delay having a mediation for 10 months and turn up and don’t make an offer.

The bear has been poked. Fortunately, he is a polite bear but the holding pattern game is over.

I need finality for my daughters and for me. It has been heartbreaking to hear the things they told the child inclusive mediator. My littlest saying but where did the love go and how do we get it back.

The kids are not stupid.

But I simply cannot have someone capable of this level of dishonesty in my life in a significant way. Regrettably, she will be to a degree but I hope to minimise it.

I don’t know who the new dirtbag is but I have avoided finding out. My focus is my kids and winning the fight on equal time.

H
Help Please 5
#128: June 20, 2024, 08:55:59 PM
So I am on day 3 of a hospital admission as the COVID got into my heart and has caused some damage.

The good news is I should recover after a lot of drugs and time. 9kgs of fluid was drained from abdomen and I feel a lot better.

I am very fortunate that we have a fantastic universal health system in Australia but it is a lesson in taking action sooner. I had been very unwell for two weeks.

I do think that 2 years of terrible stress has had an impact. I encourage other LBS to get a check up.

Help Please 5
#129: June 20, 2024, 10:38:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, Help, and glad to hear you are getting the medical care you need. All of us here are sending you our best wishes for a good solid recovery xxx

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.