Skip to main content

Author Topic: Interacting with Your MLCer Christmas Present Ideas for the MLC person in your life

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
Interacting with Your MLCer Re: Christmas presents for MLCers - Yes or No?
#80: December 20, 2013, 10:00:54 AM
Last year H brought me some of my favourite perfume, I was flattered that he had remembered.

I didn't get him anything and I felt a little uncomfortable. 

This year I have bought him a small gift.  Just in case :-\
M67  H59  T20  M19
D29  D27
Bomb Drop 10/09     Left home 11/09
Back Home 01/22

Glimmer - To shine with a faint light
A vague understanding, A remote possiblilty of hope.

SSG

• If you're going through hell, keep going. W.C.
Re: Christmas presents for MLCers - Yes or No?
#81: December 20, 2013, 03:49:19 PM
Nope...not getting H anything. Last visit a few days ago lasted 30 minutes and it he was telling me he is dead inside.  Barely got a Merry Christmas out of him while he was leaving...

So nope...no gift, no card, no text message with seasons greetings!

I just hope next year it will be much different.

SSG
Even if you are the minority of one, the truth is the truth.   Mahatma Ghandi

Together-17 years
M- 15 Yrs
BD- June 24, 2013
Affair began May 2012
moved in with OW August 2013
Aug 2014, H diagosed with terminal cancer
H filed for divorce Sept 2014
H Died 3 March, 2015

R
#82: December 20, 2013, 04:40:28 PM
My wife is getting something round with a hole in the middle.........
TIRES. Hey it's what she wanted, LOL
HE>i

#83: December 20, 2013, 05:47:23 PM
The thought of going to her party and facing all her best friends in my old home is making me ill.

In bailing. Sorry kids... :(
Surrender to the Flow

Together- 15yrs /  Married-11yrs
Two Daughters 5 + 6
BD 10/25/13
Divorced as of 4/1/14

Z
#84: December 20, 2013, 06:42:25 PM
Nope. Nothing here. I debated taking the kids out, and I even asked them if they wanted to get something for their mom. They weren't into it.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -- Albert Einstein

#85: December 23, 2013, 12:18:25 AM
Goofy singing Christmas card and gift cards to her favorite coffee shop. Token gifts. Useful gifts. Impersonal gifts.

Give nothing and I lose. Give too much and I lose.
So giving enough to say I thought about it.

Merry Christmas to all in this hard season.
JJP
As long as I breathe...I stand.

#86: December 23, 2013, 12:22:22 AM
I took the kids to buy one gift for my W today. A hand made necklace in the shape of a Lotus flower with a crystal in the middle. Kids liked it the best.

I wasn't planning on getting her anything but decided that it was best if I did and made it more about the kids picking her something.

It likely won't matter in our situation. Who knows if she will even ever wear it.
Surrender to the Flow

Together- 15yrs /  Married-11yrs
Two Daughters 5 + 6
BD 10/25/13
Divorced as of 4/1/14

d
#87: December 23, 2013, 02:28:13 AM
I have no advice, but just wanted to share my situation-can you say weird??  Been divorced long time and our last Christmas as a family, my ex and I were separated and he was not living in the home. Children wanted him there, so he came for awhile, but later stated he wasn't feeling well and left. We found out next day that he left to pick up OW at airport, so she could spend holidays with him!
So needless to say, he and I had not exchanged gifts since that day.  However,   for the past two years, he has gotten me a bottle of wine and dropped it off to me personally.  I have not gotten him anything.  This year, he got me a GPS for my car!!! SAid it was from my son[[who is mentally ill and has no money!]] What is up with that??? He still lives with original OW. I do not plan on getting him anything, since OW is in picture.
Hard to advise anyone in this situation. All I have to say, is that if children are young and want to get their parent something, perhaps you can help them with that.

R

R

#88: December 23, 2013, 05:24:22 AM
I've not bought him a Christmas present from me - the girls chose a gift from each of them.  I did give him a card.  He bought me a present though - he left it under the tree - I can tell by the shape it's a CD (he always buys me CDs every year as long as I can remember).   :o

R

ok.  we have a swift kick to the groin above the mantel.  Opposite wall: "Find Your Kid in this Class Picture"

Stocking holds one (1) fresh spine, with two (2) balls in the toe.

among the tree ornaments, you will find a bag of cat poop, surfer nutcracker, running shoe, coal, Mr. JD's Visa, mirror, and truth serum.
under the tree is a miner's lamp to navigate the tunnel, a nice bag of weed, and other things that should be fairly evident.

So????
How did all our little MLCers make out?
I gave my husband.....absolutely nothing.  Sure hope he got it in time.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.