Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Script sentences and WTF moments 2

m
Discussion Re: Script sentences and WTF moments 2
#50: December 02, 2020, 09:20:33 AM
My W had said something similar. For the first few months after BD, she kept saying "I cant believe you dont even know me".  Ya, youre right - the woman I know isn't a cheater and bratty kid LOL

She said she doesn't know me (Um, okay?), and that we are two completely different people because now she eats Free Range eggs LOL

Well, sadly these kinds of statements make sense in a way. They are fractured, they are reverting to some subset of themselves, probably from a time when they are kids or teenagers. These are periods of narcissism, self absorption, "brattiness" and the things we observe.

When I thought about it how can my wife, who is like a young teenage, in any way relate to or understand/be understood by a 50 year old man?
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

S
Script sentences and WTF moments 2
#51: December 11, 2020, 10:18:08 PM
A couple more.

Imagine we are in a war where I have to go and you have to stay but there are no phones! WTF!
I have always been a loner ( yeah right, you have never been on your own).
I feel numb, I have no feelings at all. ( I think this is true).
You’re just going to have to ride the wave.
I think I’m having a midlife crisis!!! (he actually said that )
My heart knows I love you but my head doesn’t agree!
I have to do this.
Ow and I are going to have a great life together and you’re just going to have to get used to it.
I felt used.
I have no good memories . A while later, cherish as I do the good times.
My mother doesn’t condemn you completely!

I will try to think of some more. The similarities of what they say is mind blowing, it’s the script alright which is why we as LBSes should pay no mind to the collective bs they churn out. You will know the truth when you hear it.
Stay on your own track and leave your crazy to it.

God bless you all
Beware of “keyboard warriors “

P
#52: December 12, 2020, 04:19:26 PM
xH (H at the time) was wondering aloud whether our marriage (we were married in the US) would count as marriage in England "because a university degree in one country is not necessarily recognized in another country, either" when I pointed out that him dating women would be cheating.

Before BD1, at age 48, then H told me his life priorities:
1. Play guitar
2. Be a dad
3. F%$k (not a word we used)
Now, at age 55, he is still true to these priorities. #2, however, is a given -- he will always be a dad; whether he will be a role model of a dad is a different queestion.

The first song he recorded and posted on youtube (unbeknownst to me) was of him playing the guitar in our family living room and singing a cover version of "50 ways to leave your lover".

He filed for divorce without telling me although he would have had ample opportunity to do so. When I let him know that the letter from the court had arrived, he seemed astonished that it had arrived already. He asked me to send him a photo of it, which I refused (I am not his secretary). He even tried through D10 (at that time) to get more information. When this was not sucessful, either, he said that if I won't send him a photo, he will need to assume that I was making up the letter.  ???

"I love my mom. My mom loves me. She is so lovely. She even sends me poems. (...) I do not love you." (his mom left her four children and started living in an "adult only" community; xH finds it challenging to spend more than an afternoon with his mom -- she is very talkative without acknowledging what others say. xH also did not bother visiting her on her 8oth birthday),

I heard "I haven't loved you" a LOT with xH moving the point in time of since when he hadn't loved me earlier and earlier, all the way to "before we got married".

Me: 51 (43 at BD1)
H: 57 (48 at BD1)
D: 14 (6 at BD1)
Met in 1995, married since 2000
BD 1: August 2014
BD 2: October 2015, H moved abroad
August 2018: Received divorce papers in the mail unexpectedly
May 2019: H gave up his job and moved about 1.5 hours to where D11 (at the time) and I live
Divorced: January 2020
Moving on

M
#53: December 13, 2020, 06:46:34 AM
After our first touch n go:
H: "I didn't want to make this about money, but I bought that kayak for you to see if we have a future and we don't."
(I started kayaking after our separation. He saw pics of me on social media, bought himself a kayak, and started kayaking as well. I was searching for a kayak when we started what I found out to be a T & G and he offered to buy me a kayak)

H: "Camping with someone is hard. You have to be on the same page. I'm so glad that we have our camping routine together. I wouldn't want to camp with anyone else. " A few days later "We can't even camp together. You and I want different things when we camp."  :o

H: "We have nothing at all in common. " (Things we do together: backpack, camp, sing, learn new languages, kayak, canoe, hike, shoot traditional long bows, ride horses, go on motorcycle trips, woodworking, watch the same types of movies and tv shows, read the same types of books, antique, flea market, experiment with new foods, yep,....nothing in common at all).

H: "You don't support me or care about my work." (HAHA.. I traveled with him to trade shows to help, ask him about his day working, Help him with his open houses, etc).

Just thought of these this morning. It's all very crazy and so script.

P
#54: December 20, 2021, 04:58:55 PM
ILYBNILWY   (of course)
I don't know who I am.
Kissing him felt normal.
I just want to be happy.
Toughest decision I ever made.
If you take the car away how am I going to get to work?
It's too late.
I can talk to whoever I want.
He is just a friend.   (yeah right)
What if you don't trust me?
"Trying to taste green with my elbow ;-)"

Im always reminded of that 80's movie.. War Games.. The best way to win is not to play the game.

Affair found out April 2021
BD June 23rd 2021
Moved out July 8th 2021(Same day our granddaughter was born)
Back with LO Dec 2021
Moved in with AP May 2022.

P
#55: December 20, 2021, 07:46:53 PM
Just remembered another couple.
I still want to be friends. ;D
I'm broken.
I'm lost.
We can live together as friends.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 08:37:53 PM by Pacman »

Im always reminded of that 80's movie.. War Games.. The best way to win is not to play the game.

BD June 23rd 2021
Back with LO Dec 2021

#56: December 21, 2021, 12:32:17 AM
Mine were:
I don’t love you anymore.
I don’t have butterflies in my stomach anymore.
I feel empty ( this might be true)
I don’t want to be in a relationship with you.
You prohibited me from doing sports ( I was always his cheerer when he joined cross country marathon.  He quit his football club though I encouraged him to do it. )
We have nothing in common.
You walk like an elephant. Mind you I was only 48 kg at that time.
You don’t change my towels when you wash them.
I want to have a private life. I want to talk to women .
You cannot see what we‘re talking about because what if it’s about you.
You manipulated me psychologically.
I want to find happiness ( this is definitely true)
We are like the couple in the movie Hancock. The closeR they are together the weaker they become.
I am meant to be alone. I‘m like a wolf.
We can always be friends.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:37:43 AM by Dragonfly33 »
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

M
#57: December 21, 2021, 01:41:54 AM
I just need to be by myself ( had OW)
I’m broken and I dont see me getting better
I look in the mirror and I dont know who I am
I’m not going to live much longer
I see a future with you in it, but not with us together
Im just trying to survive
I’ve never been anything. I just hid behind you
I never felt I satisfied you ( sex)
It’s not you, it’s me. You’re perfect
I want you to be happy
I dont want to do this, but if I dont I wont survive
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

#58: December 21, 2021, 02:40:48 AM
Tornup i still get the “I want you to be happy” up to this day.
Me 43 at BD
H    45 at BD
Married 11 yrs at BD, no kids,
BD May 2019 (I moved out Nov 2019)
EA or PA with ex gf (not sure), H spent 3 nights with the hoe during our vacation in July 2019, it was a friendly encounter according to H
H wanted D April 2020 seeing suspected OW2 (divorced with two kids) and 2 years older than him, H didn’t file the D
Clinging boomerang
6/21 H moved in with me; kicked him out 01/22
H turned into a vanisher, wants a Divorce, OW 3 (16 years younger and extreme sporty)
14.11.22 Divorce final, I'm done

P
#59: December 21, 2021, 02:45:19 AM
Tornup i still get the “I want you to be happy” up to this day.
Massive deflection IMO.

BD June 23rd 2021
Back with LO Dec 2021

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.